New Car Knife design! Venom F5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Car Knife design! Venom F5

I'm pretty stoked about this one because we'll get to see the car soon at our Men's dinner next week - it sounds amazing!!! Hennessy is up the road from us and has some history here at the church. He's going to be speaking on leadership, his personal relationship with Christ, and how to fine tune an engine for High Performance - come join us if you can! Here's the knife I made as a gift for his time and generosity - it was great fun to design......

Carbon Fiber bolster - Dovetailed into a custom paper micarta / resin handle (his car has a similar design - the logo is cast into the carbon fiber - crazy!) Worked up some leather for it as well with a new overall design i played with adding some "bursts" around the circles.

Check out the car link too to hear the beast Venom F5

Venom F5 - Land speed record - 2.2M "I'll take 2 please!" American Made!
    Jay Leno's Garage: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DfVUkoqKG4"]Post Malone Rocks Out On Jay Leno's Garage | CNBC Prime - YouTube[/ame]

DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS TREAT if you like loud cars......go to 16:07m and Turn up YOUR SPEAKERS!!!!: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv7U1DzyRJ8"]NEW Hennessey Venom F5: America's Latest Hypercar Sounds Like THUNDER | Carfection 4K - YouTube[/ame]
    Attached Files

A better look at the bolster due to lighting...
    Attached Files

Comment

very cool. How did you do the "H"?

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
        very cool. How did you do the "H"?
        Thank you! I have a friend that makes scales for knifemakers and he prints them on a special material then prints several pieces and stacks (like micarta) Then the entire thing is soaked in resin that is hardened under vacuum to prevent bubbling)

I then hand sand through grits starting at 120 grit and slowing moving up through 5,000 grit then a light polish with white rough and finish off withe a coat of Eagle's Tears (really!, haaa it's the name of wax paste I use - love that name!)

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
          Thank you! I have a friend that makes scales for knifemakers and he prints them on a special material then prints several pieces and stacks (like micarta) Then the entire thing is soaked in resin that is hardened under vacuum to prevent bubbling)

I then hand sand through grits starting at 120 grit and slowing moving up through 5,000 grit then a light polish with white rough and finish off withe a coat of Eagle's Tears (really!, haaa it's the name of wax paste I use - love that name!)

Comment

That is one awesome knife and good looking sheath too. He'll love it for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Big O View Post
              That is one awesome knife and good looking sheath too. He'll love it for sure. Thanks for sharing.
              Thank you friend!! Hope so.

Comment

That is one sweet azz knife !!!

Comment

Super cool all around. Great work as always.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                    That is one sweet azz knife !!!
                    Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                    Super cool all around. Great work as always.
                    Thank you Gents!!

Comment

John Hennessy is a pile of ****! He’s where he is today because of the huge expense of a lot of people. Mfr should be in jail.

Comment

Nice knife by the way. You should bill him for it.

Comment

That looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                            That looks awesome!
                            Thank you!

Comment

Great look-n knife!

And I've been wondering what kinda car that was. Saw one on Counting Cars not long ago, and didn't catch the name. The car owner was get-n a paint job added. Car had the exhaust exiting up through the cowling in the back, rather than straight out the back. He was a pretty young feller tatted up with a sharp look-n girlfriend/wife. He let her drive it off after they got done painting it some. Cali people.

Comment

Working...
                              X