Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biggun View Post
    Sorry to hear that Richard. It sucks. Prayers for all affected. I will be doing the same in sugarland at my inlaws house whenever we can get in. We are still at risk with the Brazos/Bastrop/Oyster Creek rising. The orange flood water has yet to hit us. That should change in the morning. Still a waiting game. grrrrrrrrrrrr
    Yea it aint good, but all the family is safe and in a dry place at this time. I have a trailer loaded full of equipment, food, water, gas and of course deer lease kool-aid to bring into Bridge City area as soon as I get a confirmation on access.

Hope all holds well for you and keep in touch.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
      Yea it aint good, but all the family is safe and in a dry place at this time. I have a trailer loaded full of equipment, food, water, gas and of course deer lease kool-aid to bring into Bridge City area as soon as I get a confirmation on access.

Hope all holds well for you and keep in touch.

Rwc
      Richard, I think we are giving 45 to 90 east to beaumont a try tomorrow morning if what I'm hearing is correct. I have a friend that works for TXDOT so I'm gonna get with him before heading out.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
        Richard, I think we are giving 45 to 90 east to beaumont a try tomorrow morning if what I'm hearing is correct. I have a friend that works for TXDOT so I'm gonna get with him before heading out.
        You won't be taking 90, they have it shut down in Crosby due to the chemical plant explosion/release.

Comment

That was going to be my bet also, but the chemical issue might hinder a little.

Appreciate the post.

Rwc

Comment

My gal Angie just checked in from Sholes Field on Galveston Island. She's loading out C130's today flying people out to DFW and parts unknown. They are bringing people in on CH-47 Chinooks and taking them out on C130's.
            She is on Day 9 today with no let up or relief in sight. She' getting a full dose of what it's like to be a first responder in the military and now fully understands what hurry up and wait means. At least she ain't wading in water anymore.
            They had blues skies yesterday so things should pick up a bit. She sent me some pics of the aircraft they are using.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by muzzlebrake; 08-31-2017, 07:17 AM.

Comment

I am also looking into heading straight east and crossing Toledo Bend around six mile, then work my way south, but if I-10 at the state line don't open then that's a dude also.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                My gal Angie just checked in from Sholes Field on Galveston Island. She's loading out C130's today flying people out to DFW and parts unknown. They are bringing people in on CH-47 Chinooks and taking them out on C130's.
                She is on Day 9 today with no let up or relief in sight. She' getting a full dose of what it's like to be in the military and now fully understands what hurry up and wait means. At least she ain't wading in water anymore.
                She is a God sent for all those people in need. Tell her thanks from all of us.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                  She is on Day 9 today with no let up or relief in sight. She' getting a full dose of what it's like to be a first responder in the military and now fully understands what hurry up and wait means. At least she ain't wading in water anymore.
                  First chance you get, give her a big hug from all of us!

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                    You won't be taking 90, they have it shut down in Crosby due to the chemical plant explosion/release.
                    Crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                      I am also looking into heading straight east and crossing Toledo Bend around six mile, then work my way south, but if I-10 at the state line don't open then that's a dude also.

Rwc
                      Have friends that way. I'll check on state line. Closed as of last night.

Comment

Word is water at state line is rising due to Sabine River. Still closed.
                        I'll check HWY 12 in deweyville.

Comment

Word is water at state line is rising due to Sabine River. Still closed.
                          I'll check HWY 12 in deweyville.
                          S.H 12 was closed from the intersection of S.H. 87 and 12 west as of late last night.

Rwc

Comment

You guys can come into Cleveland and take 321 south to Dayton perhaps and pick up 90 there assuming it is open in Liberty. The Trinity is pretty high. Year before last when it got so high, it was 30.0 feet at the 90 bridge. As of just a few minutes ago, it is a 32.5 feet. When it hit 30', water was right at the bottom of the highway bridge, so it's got to be close to coming over there now... Better check that.

Also, if 1960 is open at Huffman, you can take 1960 out of Humble all the way to Dayton and pick up 90 there. I haven't got info on 1960 there this morning. It was closed yesterday tho.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              You guys can come into Cleveland and take 321 south to Dayton perhaps and pick up 90 there assuming it is open in Liberty. The Trinity is pretty high. Year before last when it got so high, it was 30.0 feet at the 90 bridge. As of just a few minutes ago, it is a 32.5 feet. When it hit 30', water was right at the bottom of the highway bridge, so it's got to be close to coming over there now... Better check that.

Also, if 1960 is open at Huffman, you can take 1960 out of Humble all the way to Dayton and pick up 90 there. I haven't got info on 1960 there this morning. It was closed yesterday tho.
                              Thank you sir, I'll do some additional checking.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X