Looking for land?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for land?

Now is a good time to buy! I frequently have folks asking "When is the best time to buy land?". The short answer is...when you find what you are looking for! Lots of people try to "time the market", and I get it. You want to try to buy when the rates are low, ect. I get it. But what if rates never get back to their historic lows? How long are you willing to wait for rates to drop? Will you just give up on your dream of owning land? If the perfect property for YOU comes up for sale, maybe waiting isn't the best option. If you can "live with" the current interest rate, jump on it! Or maybe buy with the intention of hedging on the thought that someday rates will go back down, and then refinance at that time. One of the most common phrases all of us Brokers hear is "I should have bought years ago.". Well NOW is the future "years ago".

If you are considering buying land, ESPECIALLY hunting or recreational property, give me a holler. I've had the pleasure to help quite a few TBHers over the years and look forward to helping many more. Let's chat about how having a Broker representing you as a buyer can be very beneficial. There are actually no downsides to deal with when you hire a Broker. As a buyer's representative, we work for you for free, (yes, free) and can actually save you some $$. Let's talk!

Now is also a good time to sell if you are wanting to go that route. I can help with that as well. While we are definitely past the time of bidding wars on ranch property, prices are still holding well. Great properties are always a welcome addition to the market. Give me a shout and let's talk about how I can help you.

Disclaimer: I AM a TBH sponsor (check the banner at the top occasionally) so please know that I'm not breaking any rules by posting this thread.

I HIGHLY recommend Chance! He has helped us buy 3 properties & sell 4. He is honest about what he thinks the land is like. He is always pointing out the negatives so you can factor in that to your decision. Sometimes your judgement is clouded by your excitement over looking at a place. Chance will go above & beyond to help you get your dream rolling.

Comment

I'll second the recommendation. I haven't actually used Chance other than taxidermy (yes I know helping him as a broker makes my mounts take longer so maybe I should keep my mouth shut), but when we were looking for our place I picked his brain quite a bit and he always gave a good, honest answer and was very helpful. If I ever buy a ranch on my own I wouldn't hesitate to use Chance.

Comment

I’ve been looking to buy around north Texas area- Childress, Vernon, Abilene area and having a hard time getting agents to call me back. Or put much effort into talking to me. Not sure if it’s my budget is unrealistic? But I haven’t been able to get many guys to even talk to me about it. What’s up with that? Is a 250-300k budget just not worth their time?

Comment

I hear that this is a bad time to sell land. (versus waiting a couple of years) Any truth to that?

Comment

Originally posted by Cosar87 View Post
            I’ve been looking to buy around north Texas area- Childress, Vernon, Abilene area and having a hard time getting agents to call me back. Or put much effort into talking to me. Not sure if it’s my budget is unrealistic? But I haven’t been able to get many guys to even talk to me about it. What’s up with that? Is a 250-300k budget just not worth their time?
            Thats what we had to work with when Chance helped us find our 1st place. He worked his behind off & the last place we ended up with is just out of Throckmorton. When you get serious, give Chance a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosar87 View Post
              That kinda depends on what you are expecting to get in that budget range, and how much time the agent figures he will need to spend to help find it. And distance is a huge factor. At that price point and for that area, I would not be able to help you. Just too far for me for the $$. I would end up losing money. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by JACK750 View Post
                I hear that this is a bad time to sell land. (versus waiting a couple of years) Any truth to that?
                Hmmm…where did you hear that? And no one knows what things will look like in two years. I think now is a good time to sell. It just might take a little longer than a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                  That kinda depends on what you are expecting to get in that budget range, and how much time the agent figures he will need to spend to help find it. And distance is a huge factor. At that price point and for that area, I would not be able to help you. Just too far for me for the $$. I would end up losing money. Hope that makes sense.
                  Yup it does make sense. I was trying to work with people out of Vernon and Abilene for that reason. I checked where you were located and that's why I didn't PM you... But appreciate your insights.

Comment

Land is crazy around here Colorado County. I’m seeing $35,000 an acre. Gillespie County is almost double that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When looking for land, hire an agent like Chance that focuses on land. A big mistake I often see is someone wanting to buy land and hiring their favorite residential agent or a friends daughter that was cutting hair 6 months ago and is now an agent.

Hire a professional the first time! They will save you lots of headaches and know the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                        Hmmm…where did you hear that? And no one knows what things will look like in two years. I think now is a good time to sell. It just might take a little longer than a year ago.
                        I was chatting with another real estate agent and he mentioned that it might be better to hang on to land right now as the market "may" get better in the near future. I know no one has a crystal ball to tell the future but that was his thought. Thanks for the information.

Comment

They are not making any more land and the prices will just go up. Interest rates may fluctuate but I bet land will never depreciate. But people also need to be realistic when it comes to financing and know all the cost that comes into owning land

Comment

I am a Broker too. Chance is right no one has a crystal ball. The market cycles in all things. A great broker can find a deal in any market. With interest rates way up and banks hurting there will be opportunities...and opportunities don't wait on the cautious. I know I have missed plenty.

Comment

Chance is good folks. He handled some land I had.

Comment

Working...
                              X