cell camera recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cell camera recommendation

Have a number of trail cameras. Going to go the cellular camera route.
    Any recommendations for make and models? I see Cuddeback had a 4 pack
    using one of the cameras for sending but $750? Thanks

Originally posted by Brown E View Post
    Have a number of trail cameras. Going to go the cellular camera route.
    Any recommendations for make and models? I see Cuddeback had a 4 pack
    using one of the cameras for sending but $750? Thanks
    I don't see nor hear many good things about Cuddeback. I've got one but don't use it any more and several more reasons why I may not ever use it again.

Comment

The new Moultrie Edge camera has no SD card (which cause cameras to fail more than the camera) and connects to any cell signal out there (which helps in areas with bad cell reception). I am getting good battery life out of mine as well.

I really like the Moultrie App as well.

Comment

Spartan live
        Reconyx
        Tactacam- if on a budget
        Covert- some had great luck, some not so much

Comment

I currently use Tactacam and they've been as reliable as any other camera I've tried.
          I have one out in an area that I have not stepped foot on since August and still get pics and shows full battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
            The new Moultrie Edge camera has no SD card (which cause cameras to fail more than the camera) and connects to any cell signal out there (which helps in areas with bad cell reception). I am getting good battery life out of mine as well.

I really like the Moultrie App as well.
            I have 4 of these and they are very inexpensive at $80 bucks a piece and have no SD card. The only issue I have is the motions sensor picks up movement further than my IR light can make visible sometimes.

Comment

I’d avoid Spartan. Way too unreliable and finicky for what they cost. Speaking from experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any have experience with the Browning cell cams?

Comment

The question is how long do you want them to last? Also, do you want them to frustrate you to death, or to be stress free? If you want a camera that will work for a lifetime, get RECONYX. If you ever have issues down the road they will completely repair and update for cheap. If you enjoy having issues and needing to replace cameras every year or 2 the other brands are what you want from my experience. Tacticam seems to be popular, but since they are new , no one knows how long they will last. The price pretty well tells me all I need to know. Everyone to their own but I enjoy putting out cameras and never having to check or worry about them.

Comment

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
                    I have had very good luck with the browning cell camera. I prefer the pro scout over the higher priced defender

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                      I’d avoid Spartan. Way too unreliable and finicky for what they cost. Speaking from experience.
                      I’ve been using Spartans since the 2g days and have had 30+/- cameras over the years, and I’ve never had a problem with any of them. I get better service on my cameras than on my phone when I’m beside the cameras.

Cruddybacks in my experience are POS’s.

Comment

I have had very good luck with my Stealth Cam fusion, and then just recently bought a SONIX. Both by Stealth Cam. I did have issues with Duracell batteries, frying my fusion. Its worked great up until then. It melted the inside of the camera. I then got a SONIX. But its been very good and dependable so far. Also, Sam's Club had the whole package on sale for 69.99. Comes with batteries, 32gb SD card, and 90 days free unlimited service, which is a 60$ value in itself. Normally 99$ which still isn't a bad deal.

Comment

I have a few new in box Tactacams I will be posting to classifieds soon. I love them. I have 6 out currently, but I bought too many. Give me a shout if you want. 281-728-0084
                          Colby
                          ...but I am a fan of the Tactacams for the dollar for sure. I feel like they meet most peoples needs...especially for the dollar. We run them on our ranch and so far flawless for a couple of yrs.

Comment

I had Cudde, think 5 total linked and they worked OK.
                            Service was a little pricey but main issue was they used D batteries.

Got rid of them all

Bought a Tactacam and for the money I don't think you can beat them. Have had no issues so far

Comment

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
                              I’m not sure which model we have, but our one Browning camera is very reliable.

Comment

Working...
                              X