Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nebraska- Hat Creek Valley Outfitters

Cliff notes for those who don't care to read details -
    HCVO in Harrison Nebraska has reasonably priced hunts, both bow and rifle, for Pronghorn Antelope, mule deer, whitetails, turkeys, and can help you if you get a once-in-a-lifetime NE elk permit!

Last year I looked in this forum for bowhunting antelope suggestions and I couldn't find any, or rather any I could afford.
    I spent some time doing searches and I can't really even recall how I found Hat Creek Valley, but I sent a message and after playing tag a few times, I was finally about to talk to owner Chase Staudenmaier. We talked for over an hour and decided that I wanted to hunt with him. They are located in NW Nebraska, just a stones throw from Wyoming. In fact, one place I hunted was closer to Wyoming than it was to the lodge!
    I had a great time, although I didn't connect on antelope, I would recommend it to anyone who can handle ground blind sits over water tanks in hot weather.
    I saw lots of animals of every species and some super nice whitetails! Chase grew up there and has private land access to over 10,000 acres. He spends a lot of time scouting, and he knows where the animals are. He runs a great operation and he and his wife Heather did everything they could to make it more enjoyable.
    The Lodge is well equipment with comfortable beds and nice furniture, a rare thing to see sometimes! Just before I left this morning, a group of turkey hens flew out of their roost next to the Lodge and landed close by.
    I hope to return some day. It's off the beaten path (in fact many times my cell didn't have signal) and super quiet for those wanting to unplug!

~Stacey

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220831_195619 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	867.4 KB
ID:	25291659

Good info ! I have a friend who is wanting to go again, I’ll pass this on to him in case he doesn’t see it. Thanks !

Sorry you didn’t connect…..

Comment

We have hunted 9 miles north and 9 miles west of Harrison, Nebraska several times at the Antelope Creek Ranch on Whitman Road. Took a couple of 5 x 5 Mule Deer Bucks there. Drew Wyoming Pronghorn Permits a few years ago took a couple of Pronghorn just North of Lusk, Wyoming on a Private Ranch there while we stayed at the Antelope Creek Ranch. You could take a rock and throw it into Wyoming from the Antelope Creek Ranch. I love the Country and would like to go back. My in-Laws were from Nebraska! Just fyi, I live about 5 miles South of you!
      Last edited by MtnMike; 08-31-2022, 08:48 PM.

Comment

For Pronghorn, my Wife and myself got a Landowner list from the Lusk, Wyoming Chamber of Commerce. The first Ranch I called allowed us to hunt their Ranch for $250.00 for the week. We put in for the draw and we both drew Rifle Tags and I bought an extra doe Tag. It was self guided and we tagged out in two days. Total cost of trip for us was about $1500.00 total. It can be done !

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMike View Post
          For Pronghorn, my Wife and myself got a Landowner list from the Lusk, Wyoming Chamber of Commerce. The first Ranch I called allowed us to hunt their Ranch for $250.00 for the week. We put in for the draw and we both drew Rifle Tags and I bought an extra doe Tag. It was self guided and we tagged out in two days. Total cost of trip for us was about $1500.00 total. It can be done !
          Thanks, MtnMike. It was easy for me to find rifle hunts, but more difficult to find an archery hunt I could afford. But, still, Wyoming is considered king of antelope country!! Thanks for the suggestions!

Comment

Some pictures. It's beautiful country and BIG!

Name:	20220827_130642.jpg
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	24691889

Name:	20220828_194259.jpg
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	24691890

Name:	20220830_193424.jpg
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	24691891

Comment

Might need to check them out for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                Some pictures. It's beautiful country and BIG!

[ATTACH]1100847[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1100848[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1100849[/ATTACH]
                Water Sources are the ticket during Archery Season! Great pics! Was the Weather hot while you were there?

Comment

Do you have to draw a tag for whitetail? What about muley?

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                    Do you have to draw a tag for whitetail? What about muley?
                    Yes Sir, you have to put in for the draw. You get a Deer Tag that is good for either a Mule Deer or aWhitetail. I have never had a problem drawing a tag in the Pineridge or the Sandhill Unit of Nebraska. Pineridge is where Hatcreek is located.

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMike View Post
                      Water Sources are the ticket during Archery Season! Great pics! Was the Weather hot while you were there?
                      Yes! 95. The thing that saved me was he situated the blind so that I could crack the side windows and get a great breeze through the blind, plus he set it so the setting sun never entered the blind either.

Comment

Good info, thank you

Comment

Working...
                        X