Official 2022-2023 LAKE WHITNEY & AQUILLA Hunting & Fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chino and Razorback would make 6.

B4 has always been a popular area on opening Saturday. And for good reason. I've seen it really good when both sides of the hwy were taken up. Course, that took a lot of people. And kept the birds stirred up.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
    Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-15-2022, 10:25 AM.

Comment

B4 was where I was thinking, too soon to know, but I may come in via water- not as far to walk!

BTW, went to the website to submit for 2022-2023 permit, not available until 28 August.- "You may register for a 2022 permit starting 8/28/2022."

Comment

If the birds are around my dad and I will be ar my usual dove spot out there.

Comment

Still waiting to find a sweet spot down there. When the 28th gets here and they will let us renew, I'll be in. Only game I saw last year was 1 dove.

Comment

Just tell me where to met and I’ll be there

Comment

Originally posted by Divergent View Post
              Just tell me where to met and I’ll be there

Area B4 either side. I'll give a discription of my truck at a later time.

Also everbody, make sure you got your permit, license, and your gun is plugged. You never know when Mr Green Jeans might show up. He/she might be reading/watching this thread. I do know the ACE office does.
              Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-15-2022, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PIOBill View Post
                Still waiting to find a sweet spot down there. When the 28th gets here and they will let us renew, I'll be in. Only game I saw last year was 1 dove.

Looking forward to meeting you, Bill.

Comment

I know where a big boy lives. Found his bed late last season. 20-30 rubs on 2-3" trees within a 40 yard area. Been working on a viable wind plan with multiple entrance routes for a couple months now. Hopefully my hunch is right about where he is traveling to/from.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                    I know where a big boy lives. Found his bed late last season. 20-30 rubs on 2-3" trees within a 40 yard area. Been working on a viable wind plan with multiple entrance routes for a couple months now. Hopefully my hunch is right about where he is traveling to/from.
                    As stated. PM locations.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      Area B4 either side. I'll give a discription of my truck at a later time.

Also everbody, make sure you got your permit, license, and your gun is plugged. You never know when Mr Green Jeans might show up. He/she might be reading/watching this thread. I do know the ACE office does.
                      Ran into Mr. Green jeans last year. Said he would be frequenting the areas

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                        Ran into Mr. Green jeans last year. Said he would be frequenting the areas
                        I have been checked more at Whitney than anywhere else. Always been a pleasant experience.

Comment

Got a nice note left on my window year before last about not having my permit in the window, lol. Was running late to get in and forgot to take it from the visor flap to the windshield

Comment

Looking forward to!

Comment

Looking forward to cooler weather and getting out there, good luck everyone and stay safe!

Comment

So, we have the following list of dove hunters:

Divergent and freind
                                Razorback01
                                JustinDFW and Dad
                                PIOBill
                                Texas Grown and his younger bro Hushpuppy man

Possibles:
                                Chino

Anybody else?

da Peppa?

Comment