Aaaaaaaand that’s 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
    Your comment makes me think of the time my husband and I took our CHL class back in the day. The instructor took an informal pole of the class by saying, "Raise your hand if you would shoot someone who was trying to steal from you?" My husband and I were the only two who raised our hands.

The instructor went on to say (very diplomatically) that material possessions were not worth the cost of a human life, etc., etc. I sat there and listened to him--getting angrier by the minute--until he was finished. Then I raised my hand...

(My husband hates it when I raise my hand.)

I was offended, both morally and intellectually, that someone would stand there and tell me that the life of a morally bankrupt human, a leach upon society, a perpetrator of evil and wrong doing, should be more value to me than my material possessions...my things...my stuff!

No, I did not say this out loud. Rather, I politely disagreed and told him that not all life has the same value, that those who perpetrate and perpetuate evil, in fact, are the cause of human moral decay in our society. And not only that, my possessions...my stuff...may not be valuable to anybody else, but they are mine, and they're valuable to me!

My possessions, while they may not be inherently valuable, represent many things to me. They represent the hard work and sacrifices I may have made to obtain them, they are the keepers of memories I and my family made around them, and those that have been in my family for generations are a very important link to my past, whether they're inherently valuable or not (and most of them are not).

So, no. The life of a thief is not and will never be more valuable to me than my things are, and I resent being told by a society that is willing to look the other way in the face of wrong doing that I am wrong--perhaps even a little evil myself--for feeling this way. Only after prying it "out of my cold, dead hands..."
    Nice.

Comment

If I were to catch them in the act, I probably wouldn't kill them unless they threatened my life but I would darn sure make it known to them that I could have easily taken theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
        Your comment makes me think of the time my husband and I took our CHL class back in the day. The instructor took an informal pole of the class by saying, "Raise your hand if you would shoot someone who was trying to steal from you?" My husband and I were the only two who raised our hands.

The instructor went on to say (very diplomatically) that material possessions were not worth the cost of a human life, etc., etc. I sat there and listened to him--getting angrier by the minute--until he was finished. Then I raised my hand...

(My husband hates it when I raise my hand.)

I was offended, both morally and intellectually, that someone would stand there and tell me that the life of a morally bankrupt human, a leach upon society, a perpetrator of evil and wrong doing, should be more value to me than my material possessions...my things...my stuff!

No, I did not say this out loud. Rather, I politely disagreed and told him that not all life has the same value, that those who perpetrate and perpetuate evil, in fact, are the cause of human moral decay in our society. And not only that, my possessions...my stuff...may not be valuable to anybody else, but they are mine, and they're valuable to me!

My possessions, while they may not be inherently valuable, represent many things to me. They represent the hard work and sacrifices I may have made to obtain them, they are the keepers of memories I and my family made around them, and those that have been in my family for generations are a very important link to my past, whether they're inherently valuable or not (and most of them are not).

So, no. The life of a thief is not and will never be more valuable to me than my things are, and I resent being told by a society that is willing to look the other way in the face of wrong doing that I am wrong--perhaps even a little evil myself--for feeling this way. Only after prying it "out of my cold, dead hands..."

The instructor's response was from the victim mentality. Perhaps someone should have rebutted, "The thief placed his personal value at such a small sum that it was exchanged for an item that could have been purchased without hassle." If he was a long time employee close to retirement and stole $50 from his employer, was fired (terminated with cause) everyone would be saying he threw away his retirement for $50. And I've seen that happen.

But I love your response!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
          100% agree. If more thought this way ,we would have a lot less problems with it. I think of criminals ,especially repeat criminals as the lowest form of scum on earth. I have no use for trash like this. All they are good for is worm food & buzzard buffets.
          Agree

Comment

That sucks man. Hoe they catch the people responsible; however, I suspect that wont happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              See.. your vote did make a difference.
              Exactly what I was thinking when I read the original post. This is GOLD!

Here's the bed you madeeeeee! Lay in it.

Comment

Don’t think I would shoot anyone over a company truck that for sure, your not going to justify that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                  They just need a good Social Worker. That’s al.👍👍
                  Ol’ Sabine hunter could turn their lives around with a rev of the vette engine

Comment

Working...
                  X