No announcement yet.

Who's been to prison?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had to do work in a couple of Jails and the Beto prison unit before. Never again got plenty of other work. Was asked to bid on a jail job recently and reading the the specs there was a required rape training class. Needless to say we passed on the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
      22 years old. Pistol in console. Unlawful carrying of a weapon. 18 hours in Dallas Co Lew Sterritt on a Friday night. That place is freaking ROUGH! Charges was dropped

24 hours in Cameron Co jail. Spring break in Padre while in HS. It was a misunderstanding and charges were dropped.

The feeling of being caged really messed with my mind.
      Lew Sterritt ain't no joke.

Comment

Never in prison or jail. Worst I ever have been was 30 minutes in the back of a cop car being told I was going to jail for contributing to the delinquency of minors in college at 21 for 18-20 year old brothers, buddies and their girlfriends. It was my rent house and party so my other 21+ year old buddies didn't get the pleasure of contemplating life in the back seat like I did. After 30 minutes and sorting everything out, the cop came back out to the car and asked me if I learned my lesson. I told him I never wanted to be there again. He let me off with a warning. I will say it and many of the Locked Up type shows did tell me I never wanted to go to prison.

Now we may or may not have been drinking somewhere else the next weekend ..

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          I was about to say you better hope we don't tell her about your TBH mistress. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
          I was hoping not to have to dignify this comment with a response, however, a number of people have called it to my attention and to continue to ignore it no longer seems to be the better part of valor.

While it is true that I am currently involved in an extra-marital affair, the object of my affection won’t be found on the green screen. My local HEB occasionally hires gentlemen from a nearby community for men with special needs and it is with one of these men that I am involved.

His name is Joe and several years ago he told me that he was going to be my boyfriend. I explained to him that I was already married, but he remained undaunted. Over and over again—every time I went shopping—he told me the same thing…that he is my boyfriend, and he is my only boyfriend. Since I have a weakness for men who know how to take what they want, I finally agreed to be his girlfriend and we’ve been carrying on like this ever since. He is probably the best boyfriend I’ve ever had; he showers me with compliments, brings me flowers (that he’s picked himself), and is always telling me how much he loves me (for example, he loves me even “better than a Butterfinger,” his favorite candy bar, and I have never been more flattered). And, yes, my husband knows.

Not much offends me, sir, but when baseless, unfounded comments like this are made, especially when they allege illicit behavior, they cheapen relationships like the one I have with Joe. They are careless and insidious because, whether true or not, comments like this tend to develop “legs,” potentiate rumors, and can damage the legitimate relationships we hold dear, often hurting others in the process.

Since I am sure no harm was intended, I will say nothing of this to Joe. He’s a rather large guy and has difficulty controlling his temper, particularly where I am concerned. But, going forward, I'd rather not have to defend myself against it again.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
            I was hoping not to have to dignify this comment with a response, however, a number of people have called it to my attention and to continue to ignore it no longer seems to be the better part of valor.

While it is true that I am currently involved in an extra-marital affair, the object of my affection won’t be found on the green screen. My local HEB occasionally hires gentlemen from a nearby community for men with special needs and it is with one of these men that I am involved.

His name is Joe and several years ago he told me that he was going to be my boyfriend. I explained to him that I was already married, but he remained undaunted. Over and over again—every time I went shopping—he told me the same thing…that he is my boyfriend, and he is my only boyfriend. Since I have a weakness for men who know how to take what they want, I finally agreed to be his girlfriend and we’ve been carrying on like this ever since. He is probably the best boyfriend I’ve ever had; he showers me with compliments, brings me flowers (that he’s picked himself), and is always telling me how much he loves me (for example, he loves me even “better than a Butterfinger,” his favorite candy bar, and I have never been more flattered). And, yes, my husband knows.

Not much offends me, sir, but when baseless, unfounded comments like this are made, especially when they allege illicit behavior, they cheapen relationships like the one I have with Joe. They are careless and insidious because, whether true or not, comments like this tend to develop “legs,” potentiate rumors, and can damage the legitimate relationships we hold dear, often hurting others in the process.

Since I am sure no harm was intended, I will say nothing of this to Joe. He’s a rather large guy and has difficulty controlling his temper, particularly where I am concerned. But, going forward, I'd rather not have to defend myself against it again.

Note to self......Don't f w/ Joe...

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
              I have had to do work in a couple of Jails and the Beto prison unit before. Never again got plenty of other work. Was asked to bid on a jail job recently and reading the the specs there was a required rape training class. Needless to say we passed on the job.
              Was this a "how to" class? Or "how to avoid"?

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post

I’m pretty sure that someone ( not mentioning names here) just got told off. Yep I’m sure of it…..you just got told off. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Comment

A friend will come bail you out. Your best friend will be sitting next to you.

Comment

I watched all of Mayor of Kingstown. close enough for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      That song is a scam.

If he killed a man in Reno he would have been locked up in the Nevada prison system. Folsom is in the California prison system.

I got nothing else.
                      Well Robert Earl Keen wrote Levelland about Floydada, but Floydada didn't fit the time of the song...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Well Robert Earl Keen wrote Levelland about Floydada, but Floydada didn't fit the time of the song...
                        I'm so disappointed in the music industry right now.

Two retired public servants living out our dreams by moving out of the big city to 21 wooded acres in Leon County, TX. Please follow along as we learn a little, pass on a little, and live a lot. We raise TAMUK Composite meat rabbits, jumbo coturnix quail, Freedom Ranger meat chickens, and other domestic animals to make us less reliant on the stores. We are dabbling in gardening, hunting, tractoring, and just enjoying life.

Comment

I'm just so y'all know, Bryan Adams was only 12 years old in the Summer of '69. So unless he was in overachiever he wasn't working at the drive-in, was it playing the guitar come I wasn't slaying chicks

Two retired public servants living out our dreams by moving out of the big city to 21 wooded acres in Leon County, TX. Please follow along as we learn a little, pass on a little, and live a lot. We raise TAMUK Composite meat rabbits, jumbo coturnix quail, Freedom Ranger meat chickens, and other domestic animals to make us less reliant on the stores. We are dabbling in gardening, hunting, tractoring, and just enjoying life.

Comment

Got taken to the MP station on Ft Hood in cuffs for bringing my loaded concealed carry on base. My platoon leader and first sergeant came to pick me up and laughed their arses off handed me my firearms back in the MP station and told me to take them home.

Got a POS uncle that lives in and out of prison so don't really care to find out what it's like.

Comment

A few years ago I stopped by a second hand store to see what they had. A middle aged man was sitting there and quickly said he was watching the place for his dad, the older gentleman I was used to seeing.

Within minutes he proceeded to tell me about how he was just getting back on his feet after being released on parole. He had been sent to prison for dealing drugs and manslaughter. He spent 21 years there and hoped to stay out. AFter 15 minutes - which is a long time - of telling me everything he paused and smiled. Then said I was probably scared of him now and should be. I put a coy grin on and said, "Nope. But you should be terrified of me." Why, he asked. "Because you just told me everything about you and you don't know a single thing about me." I got in my truck and drove away.

I saw him working there for a few more weeks and never saw him again. I often wonder if he was able to stay on the straight and narrow but in a town like Hearne, that would have been difficult.

I have a lot of respect for those who go in for time and come out on a completely new path and stay away from that life.

Comment

Never been and don't plan on it but things happen sometimes. I do have several a family members who have been and some still in. Had a cousin get out last year after doing 10 years. For Christmas I drew his name for the gift exchange, he got a whole 20 pack of ramen and a calling card. He did not think it was funny but his parents did.

Comment

Working...
                                X