Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2023, 10:35 PM   #1
shwacker1911
Eight Point
 
shwacker1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: san antonio
Hunt In: san antonio
Default Got me a chupacabra.

Shot it eating on a old sheep/ deer pile. The 123 gr ELD-M in the 6.5 grendal tore a hole I was not expecting in him
Attached Images
  
shwacker1911 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2023, 10:46 PM   #2
GroceryGetter
Six Point
 
GroceryGetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: SA
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Bet it was happy you put it out of his misery.
GroceryGetter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2023, 10:56 PM   #3
shwacker1911
Eight Point
 
shwacker1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: san antonio
Hunt In: san antonio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroceryGetter View Post
Bet it was happy you put it out of his misery.
With the cold we have right now I wouldn't doubt it
shwacker1911 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2023, 11:10 PM   #4
Aggiehunter08
Pope & Young
 
Aggiehunter08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West Texas
Hunt In: The World
Default

Yup!
Aggiehunter08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2023, 11:30 PM   #5
okrattler
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oklahoma Panhandle
Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default

Yeah that was a bad one. He got a pretty good sized hole in him no doubt.
okrattler is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2023, 06:17 AM   #6
Hotrodd
Ten Point
 
Hotrodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Central Texas
Default

Nice!
Hotrodd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2023, 06:20 AM   #7
cva34
Ten Point
 
cva34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: van vleck
Hunt In: LOOKING
Default

Pitiful thing..
cva34 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2023, 07:31 AM   #8
gonehuntin
Ten Point
 
gonehuntin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Turlington,Tx
Hunt In: Freestone,Navarro,Llano
Default

Ugly buzzard, you did that yote a favor.
gonehuntin is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2023, 09:48 AM   #9
RifleBowPistol
Pope & Young
 
RifleBowPistol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Default

I shot one that looked like that many years ago, it was a long ways off, we did not even know it had mange. It took a long time to find it in a plowed field, we finally found it. It was ugly, nasty looking thing. We did not touch it, we left it right where it was.

That's got to be a very unpleasant situation. I have been told that when it's in much milder stages, it causes their skin to it and sting or burn pretty badly. When it gets to that point, they probably don't have much sensitivity in their skin.
RifleBowPistol is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2023, 10:28 AM   #10
okrattler
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oklahoma Panhandle
Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
I shot one that looked like that many years ago, it was a long ways off, we did not even know it had mange. It took a long time to find it in a plowed field, we finally found it. It was ugly, nasty looking thing. We did not touch it, we left it right where it was.

That's got to be a very unpleasant situation. I have been told that when it's in much milder stages, it causes their skin to it and sting or burn pretty badly. When it gets to that point, they probably don't have much sensitivity in their skin.
Eventually it causes them to go completely blind. It can also cause hearing loss among other problems. It's sad to see. Ain't no critter deserves to die like that. And thanks to the good ol' government mange exist. It was introduced to wolves and coyotes in Montana over 100 years ago.

If I call in three coyotes and one has mange, I'm killin the one with mange. I've always been that way.
okrattler is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2023, 11:48 AM   #11
shwacker1911
Eight Point
 
shwacker1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: san antonio
Hunt In: san antonio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrattler View Post
Eventually it causes them to go completely blind. It can also cause hearing loss among other problems. It's sad to see. Ain't no critter deserves to die like that. And thanks to the good ol' government mange exist. It was introduced to wolves and coyotes in Montana over 100 years ago.

If I call in three coyotes and one has mange, I'm killin the one with mange. I've always been that way.
We have killed 3 or 4 over the years in the south/ south east side of San antonio. We even have had some solid black ones years ago. Tryed everything to get one for a mount but they were way smarter then me in my teens
shwacker1911 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2023, 12:05 PM   #12
chrisk
Ten Point
 
chrisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bayside, Tx
Default

I thought the one I saw at our plant was bad, that is bad.
chrisk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2023, 02:48 PM   #13
okrattler
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oklahoma Panhandle
Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwacker1911 View Post
We have killed 3 or 4 over the years in the south/ south east side of San antonio. We even have had some solid black ones years ago. Tryed everything to get one for a mount but they were way smarter then me in my teens
It seems like I kill a hand full of mangey coyotes every year but never a black one. They're a pretty rare thing to see around here. Some places seem to hold more of the unique colored coyotes. Alabama,North Carolina,Arkansas and East Texas to name a few. I don't know what it is about those places but from what I've seen those are hot spots for black coyotes.

It'd sure be nice to have one for a full body mount. I saw where a guy killed one down by Stillwater, Oklahoma a few years ago but you for sure don't hear about them much in Oklahoma for some reason.
okrattler is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2023, 03:40 PM   #14
kcmarullo
Pope & Young
 
kcmarullo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Danbury Tx
Hunt In: South Tx, Oklahoma
Default

Grendels are bad medicine.
kcmarullo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2023, 07:42 AM   #15
coker737
Ten Point
 
coker737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Casper, Wyoming
Hunt In: Wyoming and Texas
Default

I have Seen Thousands of Chupacabra's. Thats a FAKE......LOL.....Nice Shot.
coker737 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2023, 08:15 AM   #16
SabreKiller
Pope & Young
 
SabreKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kerrville, Texas
Hunt In: Leaseless for now
Default

You did him a favor. Good for you!
SabreKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2023, 02:25 PM   #17
shwacker1911
Eight Point
 
shwacker1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: san antonio
Hunt In: san antonio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coker737 View Post
I have Seen Thousands of Chupacabra's. Thats a FAKE......LOL.....Nice Shot.
Come on man. I'm just trying to make a buck here shhhhh
shwacker1911 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2023, 01:41 PM   #18
Txarrowhunter
Ten Point
 
Txarrowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: 817
Hunt In: Parker county
Default

Nice! I seen a ole mangy chupacabra a few days ago standing just inside the fenceline off 113 in garner.
Txarrowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com