Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > BOWNANZA 2023
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2023, 01:53 PM   #51
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young
 
Graysonhogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Savoy, Texas
Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graysonhogs View Post
What time do we(the team)start Saturday?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Answer me **** it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Graysonhogs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2023, 02:43 PM   #52
TD2000
Ten Point
 
TD2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: Star TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graysonhogs View Post
Answer me **** it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Richie

Rustled Again and I are picking up the crawfish cooker in the morning and estimate arriving to the park by 9:00 am at the latest. Set up and prep will start shortly after delivery. Cooking the bugs start at ????? as I am not a cook, only a hired hand to get the cooker as requested by Mike (WCB)

Festivities start at the park at daylight with TeamRib is you get there early

TD
TD2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2023, 02:45 PM   #53
TD2000
Ten Point
 
TD2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: Star TX
Default

The team still needs propane as we are only picking up the cooker

Mike, said we need at least 2 - 20lb bottles of propane

Who can bring propane

Last edited by TD2000; 03-07-2023 at 02:50 PM.
TD2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2023, 03:06 PM   #54
TD2000
Ten Point
 
TD2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: Star TX
Default

Can someone get with sleepymedic1 about getting the big cooker?? TD200 & Rustled Again

$$ for Bugs - WCB $75, CHUY 100, TD2000 $100, Graysonhogs $50, tvc184 $100. Tony$100, Banzai $100, Rustled Again $100, Black Ice, Nursejenn, Rotney

(2) 20 lb propane bottles -

100qt coolers

15 lbs red potatoes -graysonhogs

15 lbs corn on cob -graysonhogs

10 lbs of onions -graysonhogs

8 lbs whole garlic -graysonhogs

6 large lemon juice bottles -graysonhogs

spice mix- Cajun Blake

prep tables - CHuy 2

Drums- (if we get the octagon tables)

tables/4 drums) (1) table-Rotney

water hoses - qty 2 (2) water hoses-Rotney

EZ Up's- (1) ez up-Rotney

Tee shirts & design

Crawfish party flags -

paper Towels- Wile E.

Bowls for bugs - Wile E..I already have a case of disposable trays-Burnadell

Heavy Duty Trash Bags -Graysonhogs

5 bags of ravioli-Rotney(good groceries right here)
TD2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2023, 03:10 PM   #55
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young
 
Graysonhogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Savoy, Texas
Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD2000 View Post
Richie

Rustled Again and I are picking up the crawfish cooker in the morning and estimate arriving to the park by 9:00 am at the latest. Set up and prep will start shortly after delivery. Cooking the bugs start at ????? as I am not a cook, only a hired hand to get the cooker as requested by Mike (WCB)

Festivities start at the park at daylight with TeamRib is you get there early

TD

Iíll be down there by 7-8 Saturday. Catering for a band in Dallas Friday night.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Graysonhogs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2023, 04:27 PM   #56
Double D
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Hunt In: Duval County
Default

Can someone get with sleepymedic1 about getting the big cooker?? TD200 & Rustled Again

$$ for Bugs - WCB $75, CHUY 100, TD2000 $100, Graysonhogs $50, tvc184 $100. Tony$100, Banzai $100, Rustled Again $100, Black Ice, Nursejenn, Rotney

(2) 20 lb propane bottles - (1) 20 Lb bottle-Double D

100qt coolers

15 lbs red potatoes -graysonhogs

15 lbs corn on cob -graysonhogs

10 lbs of onions -graysonhogs

8 lbs whole garlic -graysonhogs

6 large lemon juice bottles -graysonhogs

spice mix- Cajun Blake

prep tables - CHuy 2

Drums- (if we get the octagon tables)

tables/4 drums) (1) table-Rotney, (2) tables-Double D

water hoses - qty 2 (2) water hoses-Rotney

EZ Up's- (1) ez up-Rotney, (1) ez up-Double D

Tee shirts & design

Crawfish party flags -

paper Towels- Wile E.

Bowls for bugs - Wile E..I already have a case of disposable trays-Burnadell

Heavy Duty Trash Bags -Graysonhogs

5 bags of ravioli-Rotney(good groceries right here)
Double D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2023, 05:47 PM   #57
RobinHood
Pope & Young
 
RobinHood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Columbus, Colorado County
Hunt In: Fayette, Colorado and Duval Counties
Default

Iím bringing an eating table and 2 trash cans to go with it. I can bring propane if no one else does.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RobinHood is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2023, 06:44 PM   #58
TX Outlaw
Ten Point
 
TX Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Default

Thanks to everyone that wants to help out . This is what we did last year and worked out good for us . We showed up around 7:30 set up tents and got stuff set up and waited for Blake to bring crawfish and spice mix . And went from there we just winged it we didn’t know what were doing but had a great time . So hopefully it goes good again this year .
TX Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2023, 06:45 PM   #59
TX Outlaw
Ten Point
 
TX Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinHood View Post
Iím bringing an eating table and 2 trash cans to go with it. I can bring propane if no one else does.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Iíll bring 2 20lbs tanks not sure how many we used last year . But if you can bring just incase that would be great thanks again for your help .
TX Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2023, 06:46 PM   #60
TX Outlaw
Ten Point
 
TX Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graysonhogs View Post
Iíll be down there by 7-8 Saturday. Catering for a band in Dallas Friday night.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I will be there around 7- 7:30 on Saturday. Thank you
TX Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2023, 06:47 PM   #61
TX Outlaw
Ten Point
 
TX Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD2000 View Post
The team still needs propane as we are only picking up the cooker

Mike, said we need at least 2 - 20lb bottles of propane

Who can bring propane
Iíll bring 2 20lbs bottles.
TX Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2023, 07:09 PM   #62
TD2000
Ten Point
 
TD2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: Star TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Outlaw View Post
Thanks to everyone that wants to help out . This is what we did last year and worked out good for us . We showed up around 7:30 set up tents and got stuff set up and waited for Blake to bring crawfish and spice mix . And went from there we just winged it we didnít know what were doing but had a great time . So hopefully it goes good again this year .
Glad for you to take it from here. As I stated earlier I am not a cook. Only a hired hand to go get crawfish cooker.
Cheers to all of you on this Team
TD2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2023, 08:21 PM   #63
TX Outlaw
Ten Point
 
TX Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD2000 View Post
Glad for you to take it from here. As I stated earlier I am not a cook. Only a hired hand to go get crawfish cooker.
Cheers to all of you on this Team
Thank you for your help .
TX Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2023, 09:46 PM   #64
RobinHood
Pope & Young
 
RobinHood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Columbus, Colorado County
Hunt In: Fayette, Colorado and Duval Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Outlaw View Post
Iíll bring 2 20lbs tanks not sure how many we used last year . But if you can bring just incase that would be great thanks again for your help .

Sounds good. Iíll bring a couple for backup just in case


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RobinHood is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2023, 03:03 AM   #65
TX Outlaw
Ten Point
 
TX Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinHood View Post
Sounds good. Iíll bring a couple for backup just in case


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks
TX Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2023, 10:01 AM   #66
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor
 
Cajun Blake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SW Louisiana
Hunt In: public & pvt land
Default

FYI - Crawfish are $2.50/lb. live right now according to my fisherman. He expects prices to drop .25 or more with the warmer weather forecast over next 7-10 days. Sacks are running around $85. Hoping to purchase them at $75 / sack (or less) on 3/17/23.

I've bought from this guy for the last 12 years and am 100% pleased with his product and trust him. He even loans me the burlap covering to keep the crawfish hydrated (wet) and alive. I can shop price and buy them a little cheaper, but then I run the risk of buying bad (dead) crawfish.

My opinion, if it ain't broken, DON'T fix it. ... especially when buying and transporting 275 ~ 325 lbs. of live crawfish 6+ hours to CStat

Looking fwd. to seeing everyone at BNZA


.
Cajun Blake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2023, 10:57 AM   #67
TX Outlaw
Ten Point
 
TX Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
FYI - Crawfish are $2.50/lb. live right now according to my fisherman. He expects prices to drop .25 or more with the warmer weather forecast over next 7-10 days. Sacks are running around $85. Hoping to purchase them at $75 / sack (or less) on 3/17/23.

I've bought from this guy for the last 12 years and am 100% pleased with his product and trust him. He even loans me the burlap covering to keep the crawfish hydrated (wet) and alive. I can shop price and buy them a little cheaper, but then I run the risk of buying bad (dead) crawfish.

My opinion, if it ain't broken, DON'T fix it. ... especially when buying and transporting 275 ~ 325 lbs. of live crawfish 6+ hours to CStat

Looking fwd. to seeing everyone at BNZA


.
Thank you sir . I will give you my money at bownanza like last year thanks again .
TX Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2023, 01:00 PM   #68
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor
 
Cajun Blake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SW Louisiana
Hunt In: public & pvt land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Outlaw View Post
Thank you sir . I will give you my money at bownanza like last year thanks again .



already recv'd some $$ via PP and VM from 4-5 people

others can pay me at BNZA which is fine with me
Cajun Blake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2023, 05:53 PM   #69
nursejenn
Pope & Young
 
nursejenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Highly Respected Troublemaker
Hunt In: Any Golf Course
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post


already recv'd some $$ via PP and VM from 4-5 people

others can pay me at BNZA which is fine with me

I got your PM. Will send Friday
nursejenn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2023, 07:48 AM   #70
TD2000
Ten Point
 
TD2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: Star TX
Default

Made contact and confirmed 8 am pick up of crawfish cooker with Sleepymedic1

Should arrive at park before 9 am
TD2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2023, 09:59 AM   #71
TX Outlaw
Ten Point
 
TX Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD2000 View Post
Made contact and confirmed 8 am pick up of crawfish cooker with Sleepymedic1

Should arrive at park before 9 am
Thanks you for your help.
TX Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-10-2023, 02:06 PM   #72
WCB
Pope & Young
 
WCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bonham
Hunt In: Wise/Montague/Grayson
Default

A finely greased machine I tell ya!!

"If" I can make it it would be for Saturday morning only but won't know till last minute.
WCB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-13-2023, 09:40 AM   #73
TX Outlaw
Ten Point
 
TX Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCB View Post
A finely greased machine I tell ya!!

"If" I can make it it would be for Saturday morning only but won't know till last minute.
Hopefully you can Mike .
TX Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2023, 09:07 PM   #74
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCB View Post
A finely greased machine I tell ya!!

"If" I can make it it would be for Saturday morning only but won't know till last minute.

Hope you can make it Mike!! I dun tole my wife about you... she wants to meet you!! Only I jus' tole her Tommy Lee Jones was comin' to 'nanza... Just act natural... she'll never know the difference!!
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2023, 09:24 PM   #75
8pointer
Pope & Young
 
8pointer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hunt In: Schleicher county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post


already recv'd some $$ via PP and VM from 4-5 people

others can pay me at BNZA which is fine with me
Blake- we didnít join a team this year. Iíd like to send you a little $ for the bugs to contribute. Please pm me your Venmo.
8pointer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2023, 11:33 AM   #76
Mr. Public
Ten Point
 
Mr. Public's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Too many to list
Default

Trying to make it Saturday. I have a box of paper food trays I can bring for serving food , guessing itís a few hundred.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr. Public is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2023, 04:25 PM   #77
Rotney
Pope & Young
 
Rotney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Snook TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

I’ll be there around 8am. CB I’ll bring cashola for the bugs.
Rotney is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2023, 08:14 AM   #78
Wile E.
Six Point
 
Wile E.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: North Tx
Default

Unfortunately something has come up late for me and I can't make it anymore. I already bought the paper towels and I live 5 minutes from the Brazos Center so one of y'all can pm me to grab them tomorrow morning unless somebody else wants to bring some.

Hate that I can't be there, y'all eat a few bugs for me.
Wile E. is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2023, 06:45 PM   #79
Rotney
Pope & Young
 
Rotney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Snook TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. View Post
Unfortunately something has come up late for me and I can't make it anymore. I already bought the paper towels and I live 5 minutes from the Brazos Center so one of y'all can pm me to grab them tomorrow morning unless somebody else wants to bring some.

Hate that I can't be there, y'all eat a few bugs for me.
Pm me youíre address and Iíll pick em around 7:15am
Rotney is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2023, 09:48 PM   #80
Chuy
Pope & Young
 
Chuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tomball aka Roof-town, USA
Hunt In: I Hunt Roofs
Default TEAM MUDBUGS is in the house!!

I'm sorry guys and gals, I got sick! I won't be making it. I sent money to Blake

I had signed up for prep tables too.

I hate leaving y'all high and dry, if anyone wants to run and buy a couple I'll pay for them.

Again, I'm sorry y'all.

One love
Chuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2023, 10:19 PM   #81
Mr. Public
Ten Point
 
Mr. Public's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Too many to list
Default

I have a table I can bring. Who do I bring it too?

If anyone needs anything last minute, let me know.
Coolers, ice, chairs, cooking items, whatever. I live just down the road.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr. Public is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2023, 08:53 AM   #82
Keith
Administrator
 
Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1998
Location: Sulphur Springs, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Public View Post
I have a table I can bring. Who do I bring it too?

If anyone needs anything last minute, let me know.
Coolers, ice, chairs, cooking items, whatever. I live just down the road.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bring your table, if team mud bug doesn't need it, team fishhead could use another.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2023, 08:57 AM   #83
RobinHood
Pope & Young
 
RobinHood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Columbus, Colorado County
Hunt In: Fayette, Colorado and Duval Counties
Default

Iím running late. Iím in Hearne to pick up a drive shaft for my work truck and they canít locate it now. I called them Thursday to make sure they had one pulled for me so I could be in and out quick, but itís not working as planned

I got an eating table, 2 trash cans for it, and 2 propane bottles


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RobinHood is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2023, 07:41 PM   #84
bwssr
Pope & Young
 
bwssr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madisonville, Texas
Hunt In: Madison county
Default

You guys rock!
bwssr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-24-2023, 08:16 AM   #85
Bowhica
Ten Point
 
Bowhica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Magnolia, Texas
Hunt In: Looking.....
Default

Good morning everyone!! Did anyone get some pictures of the day? I saw few scattered on FB. I picked up an desk job again, so I will be on the ole GS a little more.

If I didn't see you Friday night at the hotel, just know I missed you.
Bowhica is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-24-2023, 06:06 PM   #86
Texas Grown
Pope & Young
 
Texas Grown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burleson, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhica View Post
Good morning everyone!! Did anyone get some pictures of the day? I saw few scattered on FB. I picked up an desk job again, so I will be on the ole GS a little more.

If I didn't see you Friday night at the hotel, just know I missed you.

Hey D! It was great see-n you and the wife again Friday evening.


I think there were two threads with pics. Here's a couple of links with some pics.


https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=867089


https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=866708
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com