Trinity river NWR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trinity river NWR

Well I screwed up. I put my son in for several hunts this year for the first time. I kept checking status on the draws and kept getting disappointing results. Well I just checked for the first time in a while and see we drew Trinity river muzzleloader deer but the permit deadline was the 6th
    What a dork

Do you not check your email? They send you and email when you draw.

Comment

Which unit? There's several diff units to choose on that one. If it was hirsch, you're probably better off anyway. That place is terrible. I hunted it last year and it's just terrible. Anyone else who's hunted it will tell you the same. Lol.

I can't speak to the other units but I'd wager they aren't any better.

Comment

You did yourself a favor. Search the forum about hunting there and you will see why.

Comment

Originally posted by Log View Post
          Do you not check your email? They send you and email when you draw.
          Im sure they did and Im sure i missed it somehow. I dont typically delete anything from TPWD but i guess i did or it was in my junk but i dont see how it would have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
            You did yourself a favor. Search the forum about hunting there and you will see why.
            Good to know, I dont feel so bad now

Comment

now you all have me questioning my decision to purchase my permit for my son and I for this January 2024 muzzleloading hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
                now you all have me questioning my decision to purchase my permit for my son and I for this January 2024 muzzleloading hunt.
                Don't question it, it will be good father son time and a fun adventure regardless

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

Don't question it, it will be good father son time and a fun adventure regardless
                  for as little time/opportunity I have to get away and hunt with my son, and as far as this is from my house (5 hours) I'll just drive an hour to LBJ and hunt with my son and have a great time.
                  I just appreciate the forum saving me from wasting a couple days on a piece of land that doesn't produce deer.

I was able to get a 140 refund for my permit from TPWD - I did lose my point though - but not a big deal as I only had 1.

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post

for as little time/opportunity I have to get away and hunt with my son, and as far as this is from my house (5 hours) I'll just drive an hour to LBJ and hunt with my son and have a great time.
                    I just appreciate the forum saving me from wasting a couple days on a piece of land that doesn't produce deer.

I was able to get a 140 refund for my permit from TPWD - I did lose my point though - but not a big deal as I only had 1.
                    I'm surprised to hear that... I didn't think they would refund the permit fee after the fact.

Comment

Working...
                    X