Pair of Hi-Powers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oktx View Post
    Early 40’s. It was my grandpa’s. I’ve had it looked at about the nickel and got two different answers. My dad said his dad didn’t have it plated. It has Bakelite grips.
    [ATTACH]1064129[/ATTACH]
    That's interesting, I don't think I've seen any others that didn't have anything stamped on the right side of the frame or the slide. What's the purpose of the large dimple in the slide? Browning says they didn't release until 1954:

Last edited by kae006; 09-28-2021, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
      That's interesting, I don't think I've seen any others that didn't have anything stamped on the right side of the frame or the slide. Browning says they didn't release until 1954:

https://www.browning.com/support/dat...er-pistol.html
      The story goes his men gave it to him in WWII. His men liberated the Browning plant in Liege Belgium. It’s a bring back.

Comment

Early 40’s. It was my grandpa’s. I’ve had it looked at about the nickel and got two different answers. My dad said his dad didn’t have it plated. It has Bakelite grips.
        [ATTACH]1064129[/ATTACH]
        That's interesting, I don't think I've seen any others that didn't have anything stamped on the right side of the frame or the slide. What's the purpose of the large dimple in the slide? Browning says they didn't release until 1954:

https://www.browning.com/support/dat...er-pistol.html
        Ahhh, looks like yours is the FN P35 that came out in the 30's. That makes more sense. Doubt any of that era were factory nickel, but could be wrong.

Comment

Ahhh, looks like yours is the FN P35 that came out in the 30's. That makes more sense. Doubt any of that era were factory nickel, but could be wrong.
          Grandpa is gone now and my dad said it was always nickel. It’s a mystery how and when it was nickeled. No swastikas on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
            I love the look but the only one I ever shot had a terrible trigger...maybe I should buy a few more to make sure?

They definitely aren't known for great triggers.

Comment

It appears yours were made in 1962 or later. They have the external extractor.
              Last edited by oktx; 09-28-2021, 11:03 AM.

Comment

I just inherited one of these but I'm scared to shoot it. Mine must be after '62 (if I'm understanding what the little extractor rod is) but having trouble dating.

The serial I have written down is 74C10850 but need to double check that. Looks like it should be numeric only.

Comment

Originally posted by Burwabit View Post
                  I just inherited one of these but I'm scared to shoot it. Mine must be after '62 (if I'm understanding what the little extractor rod is) but having trouble dating.

The serial I have written down is 74C10850 but need to double check that. Looks like it should be numeric only.
                  Shoot it. I’ve shot mine and it’s real old.

Comment

It's not the age... too fancy
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	40b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	24662643

Comment

It's not the age... too fancy
                      [ATTACH]1064131[/ATTACH]
                      That is cool. Belgian?

Comment

74C is 1974

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                          They definitely aren't known for great triggers.
                          Remove the magazine safety and the trigger is much better.

Comment

That is cool. Belgian?
                            Yes I believe so

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Those are nice. I want a Hi Power, have not shot one in a long time. That older gun you have would be nice to own.

Comment

Working...
                                X