Cellular trail cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cellular trail cams

What’s worth it and what’s not ? Looking for more than one so if it is a system ok or stand alone taking suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve had great luck with muddy. I have two. They go on sale at academy occasionally for $80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Covert, Muddy, Tactacam, Spartan are all good. Spypoint is probably the worst I’ve seen.

Comment

Just curious what is wrong with the SPYPOINT cams like the ones from academy? I have not bought anything yet.

Comment

Up

Comment

I just got a Delta from Moultrie. Will set it up tonight.

Comment

I have had decent luck with SPYPOINT, had to send a couple back but they are not bad for the price! Customer service isn’t bad. A couple eat batteries even with built in solar panel, but they last about a month with over 100 pics a day

Comment

The one guy said SPYPOINT is bad has anyone used them? Looking for what problems they have that make them so bad just looking for info.

Comment

I had a couple of spy points, constantly losing connection, they would not transmit pictures for days and would not start again until I went to the lease and restart the camera. Picture quality suck, Customer Service suck, Cameras literally did not work more than half the time they were out.I would avoid them like the plague.

Comment

My dad and I each bought a Spypoint about a year ago. His is still running fine, mine crapped out after 6 months.

I picked up a couple Tactacam a couple months ago and flawless so far. Also got a Browning cell cam that’s worked perfectly for over a year on same set of lithium batteries.

Comment

Was the Service sketchy where you were using them ? Only reason I ask is because where I would be using them has sketchy service

Comment

Cellular trail cams

Up so in sketchy cell areas how do they work? There is a signal but not a strong one. I am asking about all the cams not just one brand. Anyone use the cuddieback link?

Last edited by topher5999; 08-09-2021, 07:38 AM.

Comment

I think it is going to be if you are lucky with spypoint or not. I bought one to try out and so far I have not had any issues. Some of the other guys I hunt with have them as well, and some are hit or miss.

Comment

Originally posted by topher5999 View Post
                            Up so in sketchy cell areas how do they work? There is a signal but not a strong one. I am asking about all the cams not just one brand. Anyone use the cuddieback link?

A cell cam will pull way better service than your phone. For instance where my Spartans are I get one bar of service on a good day on my phone. The cameras get 4 of 4 bars of service. I have the Reveal X and 2 Spartans. The Reveal X is a good camera but really pixalates when you zoom in. The Spartan does not, but you are also paying twice as much to buy a Spartan. I also like the interface on the Spartan much better. I won the Reveal in a raffle is the only reason I have it. If I had to buy I would have gone with another Spartan.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                              A cell cam will pull way better service than your phone. For instance where my Spartans are I get one bar of service on a good day on my phone. The cameras get 4 of 4 bars of service. I have the Reveal X and 2 Spartans. The Reveal X is a good camera but really pixalates when you zoom in. The Spartan does not, but you are also paying twice as much to buy a Spartan. I also like the interface on the Spartan much better. I won the Reveal in a raffle is the only reason I have it. If I had to buy I would have gone with another Spartan.

Thank you that is good to know.

Comment

Working...
                              X