Everybody needs one of these

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody needs one of these

Everyone needs a dairy. EVERYONE. For just 1 year. Then I could get $100 a gallon and they wouldn’t bat an eye

This is apocalyptic!!! Seriously

Been here since 3;30. Nobody could get here. I had to get everyone. 3 hrs to thaw barn out just to get vacuum pump going. Water well thawed. Feed mill is down... they got to get a gear box in Dallas...

Comment

Old Daisy wants those teats squeezed

Comment

And I thought it was bad that I had to change the battery in a smoke detector at 5:05 this morning with no electricity in the house.

Good luck to ya in this bitter cold weather!

Comment

11” and still a white out. Windshield is freezing up with heater so hot in truck you can’t take in. Brand new wipers are probably destroyed

Comment

You still by yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got “Gabby” milking and my dad picked up. His diesel frozen up. Mine cranked

Comment

I was born and raised (until 10 years old) on a dairy. Even though I was just a kid, bags had to be washed, feed had to go in the trough, cow crap had to be shovelled. These were my jobs, that and help my big brother wash up the milking machines and wash out the dairy barn. That was a long time ago and we only milked 25/30 head twice a day. It’s an 8 day a week job brother and I don’t envy you. Even though it’s much easier now, you guys milk a lot more head than we did.

Comment

No thanks. I feel for you, gotta suck! Be careful out there!

Comment

That is rough Kyle

Hope it all works out for you

Comment

Ugh, I've heard some stories. The guy I apprenticed under in '94 grew up on a dairy farm in Cushing, Tx in the 60's. He ran away when he was 15!

Comment

Dang! Even under the best of conditions dairying can be tough, day in day out - or should I say twice daily day in and day out!

Comment

Low voltage at water pump. Nobody can get here.... milk trucking company said they can’t get here for 2 days minimum. So all this will be to dump all our work into the lagoon

Comment

Save them cows though. Feel for you that is hard work!

Comment

Man, I am sorry to hear that. Dairy work is tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X