Painting your Krivomans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Im attaching screen to the outside of the glass because we do a lot of hunting with the windows closed for better scent control… (deer come from all directions. ). When I open it I want to cut down on the flash. Works like a champ on my pig blinds …

How do you attach the screen to the outside of the windows & what kind of screen do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      I painted this one in 2017 and it is holding up well with just a little fading. It sits in some pretty dense shade which I’m sure has helped. Further down in the thread you see the stencils I made for the leaves and branches

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...light=Krivoman
      This was the one I was thinking about. Glad JERP posted it. I spray-painted the outside of mine bit too embarrassed to post it. LOL. Actually, it looks like it kind of faded. I need a professional to paint mine.

Comment

Wonder if you could use some solar screen for house windows?
        Maybe attach with Velcro or something. Just to the glass so when you open the window the screen comes with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Double L View Post
          How do you attach the screen to the outside of the windows & what kind of screen do you use?

Regular black screen. I just want the glare off but want to see through it. The solar stuff is a little to hard to see through in low light.

I cut the screen to the width of the glass. Put a dollop of black silicone in each corner of the glass and push the screen corners onto it. Add some more silicone on the outside of the same dollops so that it dries holding it all place. I’ll see if I can find a pic of my pig blind windows. I want to open the window and the screen comes with it.

Comment

Regular black screen. I just want the glare off but want to see through it. The solar stuff is a little to hard to see through in low light.

I cut the screen to the width of the glass. Put a dollop of black silicone in each corner of the glass and push the screen corners onto it. Add some more silicone on the outside of the same dollops so that it dries holding it all place. I’ll see if I can find a pic of my pig blind windows. I want to open the window and the screen comes with it.

Thanks for the info. We keep windows closed at times and especially when pig hunting. Glare is a problem & I definitely want something on the outside of the glass that moves with the window. Definitely going to give this a try.

Comment

Unfortunately this is the only picture I have of the screen mounted so please ignore my number one finger sent to my buddy who said I wouldn’t hunt that evening. Lol. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. I’m sure you get the jist though of the mount [emoji41]

This is not my best screen cutting job as you can see….and I’ll probably replace it soon because it’s my best pig blind and I want to remove all the glare. But ….it works for now and fortunately the silicone scrapes off easily from the window.

Comment

Mine is on the ground and I hunt with windows shut.
                I set t-posts about 6” away from the blind on both sides of the windows.
                Drape camo netting over the blind and posts, with small holes in netting to shoot through.
                Netting shades the windows from glare, gives windows depth and the netting flutters with a breeze.

Comment

Unfortunately this is the only picture I have of the screen mounted so please ignore my number one finger sent to my buddy who said I wouldn’t hunt that evening. Lol. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. I’m sure you get the jist though of the mount [emoji41]

This is not my best screen cutting job as you can see….and I’ll probably replace it soon because it’s my best pig blind and I want to remove all the glare. But ….it works for now and fortunately the silicone scrapes off easily from the window.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Comment

So back to the painting…
                    Is the best practice to:
                    wipe blind with acetone
                    Prime
                    Paint with oil based paint?

Comment

Spray can paint , it works great on railroad train cars.

Comment

This rustoleum spray paint adheres very good to plastic. I skinned blinds in white Coroplast and used this and it holds up great. It comes in flat black also
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                          Mine is on the ground and I hunt with windows shut.
                          I set t-posts about 6” away from the blind on both sides of the windows.
                          Drape camo netting over the blind and posts, with small holes in netting to shoot through.
                          Netting shades the windows from glare, gives windows depth and the netting flutters with a breeze.

I like this idea. Good to condition them to some movement and sound

Comment

I’m not on the ground here . Would need some 15’ tposts to rig that.[emoji51][emoji15]It’ll be backed into an oak mott. There’s plenty of movement above and on the sides if the wind is blowing. Getting the window open really isn’t an issue as long as I go super slow. The deer in my avatar was at 12 yards with his dead eye facing me when I opened the window to shoot him in my box ..[emoji41]

Back to paint..[emoji1303]

Last edited by Smart; 01-15-2022, 11:24 PM.

Comment

You know the deer still know it’s there with or without paint right? Lol.

If someone sets a box in your dining room but paints it like your dining room wall, you’re still gonna go eat

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                                Wonder if you could use some solar screen for house windows?
                                Maybe attach with Velcro or something. Just to the glass so when you open the window the screen comes with it.
                                I attached solar screen to the inside of the blind and made the opening smaller.

Also took painters tape and blocked out a section of the window and painted a haze over the rest with flat black paint. The paint sort of tinted the window and now there is no glare but still a peep hole in the window

All I have is a pic with the window open from the inside. If I think about it I'll take one from the outside today

My ground blinds only have 3 windows in them so that may help also
                                Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X