• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Randy Oldfield on Fork

Comment

Read this if you are trying DIY

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
        He really wants a texas bass, but at this point I think he would take it just about anywhere
        St Johns River near East Palatka FLA. Brackish water but monster hybrids fattened from the shrimp runs. The females during spawning are easily 20+ lbs.

Good luck to PaJaker.

Comment

Like others have said, if he has a budget I’d consider:
          1) El Salto Mexico ($$$$)- a fishing partner caught several dd here (12.5)
          2) Camelot Bell ($$$) - I’ve fished it 2 times. Hit it right you may catch a few dd’s in one day or on a bad day you may catch one 4lb. (I have a 9.5 there and partner caught a 9.?) I think they may have a 16 in one of the lakes but both are fished hard and you have to be patient. I also think they’ve kept too many large ones to sell.
          3) OHIvie ($)has several doubles in recent weeks. They’re on fire.
          4) Fork ($)- it’s Fork, anything can happen. Night fishing seems to produce more dd’s
          5) secret honey hole (referal fee only if dd is caught, must have own boat) pm for details
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 01-14-2022, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
            Ivie will be crowed but there are some giants in there
            Not to derail the thread but is it really that crowded right now? I haven't been in years and thought about running out there one weekend in the next month or so since it''s day trip-able from the house.

Comment

Ivy has a couple of Sharelunkers in recent history. I think it is a magnet for guys with boats, now.

Comment

I'd look at Camelot Bell as others have mentioned.

Comment

I caught a handful that size out of Gibbons Creek. All from the same hump.

It’s been a while though. Is the lake even still open for fishing?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    There are so many options, don't overlook smaller lakes

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                    Absolutely.

When my son was 4 years old he caught a 10+ from a catch and release community lake in the local park...on a Snoopy pole. That same day he also caught two 7's and a 5.

I've seen quite a few 10-13 lb. bass come from small local ponds and lakes. I wouldn't be surprised if the total hours spent to catch a DD Bass are a lot less there than on a big reservoir.

State Park lakes can be very good.

Comment

I would definitely not rule out Falcon Lake. Call James at Falcon Lake Tackle and ask him who the best guides are and he will give you their contact. You hit Falcon just right and you will have the best day of fishing than anywhere in TX.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                        I caught a handful that size out of Gibbons Creek. All from the same hump.

It’s been a while though. Is the lake even still open for fishing?
                        Nope.

In fact someone on the other forum was offered to be a part of the buy in of the lake. I think he told me 75 mill was what they paid

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

In reality if he wants to catch one in short order pay for a high fence fishing place like Camelot Bell, won't be cheap though. To catch on on public water would be tough especially with all the live scopers targeting them now, some of the best bass fishermen in the world haven't broke double digits.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
                            Not to derail the thread but is it really that crowded right now? I haven't been in years and thought about running out there one weekend in the next month or so since it''s day trip-able from the house.
                            Social media has brought the trophy hunters to Ivie

Comment

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned Choke Canyon. Close to you, OP. Look up Broken Braid Guide Service. Choke has been hot lately.

Comment

Fairfield may be a player.

Comment

Working...
                                X