Constitutional Carry in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
    I absolutely refuse to go to Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wyoming.

Those places are far too dangerous. You ruin your shoes by walking in the rivers of blood that they call streets. There are constant gun battles between untrained suburban housewives named Karen, and gangsters who can't be charged for their crimes because they were legally carrying the gun. They are post apocalyptic warzones.
    Same here! I feel much safer in Chicago, New York, and L.A., where they have strict gun laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Keep in mind that angry 18 year old inner city kids will be able to carry legally while Having never shot gun in their life. They also won't learn in the class that if you shoot someone you will be going to jail and your fate will rest in the hands of 12 jurors.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      I will. Also keep in mind many of them are already doing that.

Comment

I never said I was against it. If others can then Texans should be able to. I also get that some are already carrying illegally but I bet many more do if it becomes legal.

Did y'all know that up until the 90s California was a may issue state Texas was a will not issue state?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Daryl the whole point is you shouldn’t HAVE to have a permit in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          True but our weapon choices shouldn't be restricted and taxed by the BATF either. Yet we have to file for stamps to get something as benign as a suppressor.
          Making it even more important our state removes unconstitutional restrictions.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
          Last edited by DRT; 04-16-2021, 11:29 AM.

Comment

I never said I was against it. If others can then Texans should be able to. I also get that some are already carrying illegally but I bet many more do if it becomes legal.

Did y'all know that up until the 90s California was a may issue state Texas was a will not issue state?

All the 18 year olds carrying will be carrying illegally.

Comment

But personally I think there are already a lot of people out there who shouldn't be allowed to have guns.
              Mostly because they are stupid.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                All the 18 year olds carrying will be carrying illegally.
                Is it 21?

Comment

Keep in mind that angry 18 year old inner city kids will be able to carry legally while Having never shot gun in their life. They also won't learn in the class that if you shoot someone you will be going to jail and your fate will rest in the hands of 12 jurors.

Nope. Gotta be 21.

During Thursday’s debate, state Rep. Jeff Cason, R-Bedford, offered an amendment that would have lowered the minimum age for permitless carry from 21 to 18 years. Schaefer and other Republicans voiced opposition to the proposal, and Cason’s amendment failed overwhelmingly, 12-121.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by bakin7005; 04-16-2021, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Yet more dumb laws. You can vote and go to war at 18 but cannot carry as a civilian.

Comment

Yet more dumb laws. You can vote and go to war at 18 but cannot carry as a civilian.

Yup. Kinda like they can buy a long gun but not a handgun. But can buy and posses a handgun through private sale. Makes no dam sense

Comment

Can't carry a handgun, can't buy alcohol, can't buy tobacco, can't buy handguns, can't buy handgun ammo, can join the military, can go to war, can die for your country.

But that's another post and another argument.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                          Why don't people just get LTC permit and might learn something.
                          Why dont you just turn your guns in on a buy back program? Why dont you just get the vaccine? Why do you need to feel the need to hunt the big brown eyed deer? Why do you care if your wife and Mr. Just got of of jail share a bathroom? Thats WHY!

Do you realize for every good LTC instructor there are 10 that don't know jack and are the shoot them on the porch and drag them inside guys. No way would I take what a LTC instructor says at face value. Shall not be infringed is pretty clear.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                            Nope. Gotta be 21.

During Thursday’s debate, state Rep. Jeff Cason, R-Bedford, offered an amendment that would have lowered the minimum age for permitless carry from 21 to 18 years. Schaefer and other Republicans voiced opposition to the proposal, and Cason’s amendment failed overwhelmingly, 12-121.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Is it 21?

Under current law you have to be 21 but there are exceptions to that as well.

Not sure how that would look if CC passes. If it’s truly CC then there would be no governmental restriction at least at the state level. There is still the federal youth handgun act....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Crazy for sure! this weekend there was a Young man that had served in the Navy getting his LTC . because he had turned 21,

Comment

It's good to know that finally a constitutionally protected right won't be licensed. But if you travel to states that still require a license, you will have to still have it. I've had mine since the first year they issued them here, so I'll just keep mine up. Makes purchases more convenient, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X