$65 osb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Yes sir, I am as well. I've done some "culling" as well....some that felt good to let go. But I'm still struggling to get brick in a reasonable amount of time for the people I want to help the most. The worst part is not having any answers. I've been in this business my whole life, and never seen anything like this. It's miserable to go to work every day.
    I watched an interview with the former Zillow CEO and he said from 1970-2010 the USA built roughly 25 million houses per decade. After 2008 that changed and from 2010- 2020 only 6.8 million homes were built. That is a 18 million home shortfall with the population actually increasing not decreasing.

Add to that:

Record low interest rates
    Lock downs (people not being able to travel internationally like they used to = more money to spend domestically)
    Covid fears
    Work from home being the new norm
    Government printing money like crazy
    Crypto boom
    Stock market boom
    More regulations
    $15 minimum wage
    Shutting down drilling on public lands

It has all created the perfect storm we are seeing now and I predict it gets way worse before it gets better.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Builders in our area are now getting $300 plus a foot to build on your land. I would think now is the time to sell off rental and investment homes.

Comment

I almost sold my dads 50 sheets of 3/4" AC Plywood for $45 last year. I might have to sell at these rates or hire a security guard.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
          Another good reason I am going ICF and cement pillars. What is a good alternative to wood for my 30x40 2nd floor patio? 3 floor beach house.
          Been leaning same direction

Comment

we are upping our homeowners insurance

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
              How do metal studs compare in price
              ?
              Light guage metal studs aren't structural so you still need something to hold the house up and an entire home of steel beams and columns wouldn't be any cheaper.

We're using ICF some but it still costs more than lumber. Its just close enough now that some of our clients are willing to pay the smaller premium based on a cost/benefit analysis standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                Builders in our area are now getting $300 plus a foot to build on your land. I would think now is the time to sell off rental and investment homes.
                We built at that rate 4 years ago.....you can only image the rate we are having to tell clients now.
                Last edited by Gclyde28; 05-05-2021, 03:55 PM.

Comment

I posted an incorrect price- actually $1245/M but the way it is jumping could be that higher number by this time next week.

Comment

This is the tip of the iceberg folks. I hope I’m wrong but I believe it’ll get worse before it gets better.

Comment

This is getting ridiculous
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                        We built at that rate 4 years ago.....you can only image the rate we are having to tell clients now.
                        LOL, I forgot you built in San Francisco I'm mean Austin.

Comment

I built for 148 a foot and closed Feb 8. House across the the street is 172 a foot!��

Comment

Wondering why my 20 ac of mature timber that was leased 2 years ago is still uncut?? International Paper buying out all the competition(Temple Inland, etc)? If they’re putting the squeeze on, get ready for some major govt regulations or anti-trust suits. Mills seem to be the constraint, not supply of wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              If prices do not drop....does this not open the door for entrepreneur/innovation to come in and create a comparable product for much much cheaper? (I'm not in this industry so I do not understand the product).
                              You can come up with some super awesome new idea but you still need people to make it. The labor shortage is a major factor in the the lumber shortage/price increases.

It is just now starting to hit us. Some of the plywoods we use are getting hard to get and our suppliers don't have answers as to when they will get more.

Comment

Hum watch the beginning 90 seconds

Comment

Working...
                                X