Backpack Sprayer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backpack Sprayer Question

Looking to do some small kill plots this year. Tried to find on-line how much (acres) does a 4 gallon backpack sprayer does. 4 gallons is that 1/2 acre or one…etc.

Also when is everyone planting their fall plots? I’m thinking easy no till clover & cereal rye or oats

How much four gallons will do depends on the herbicide you’re using. I plant wheat because it’s viable until spring green up. Clover will go dormant in cold weather. Cereal rye is good, oats would be third on my list of grains.

Comment

Roundup/Gly to kill any weeds and grasses

Comment

It depends on what you are trying to kill and what you spray on it.
        Also if you don't already have a sprayer, check out sprayers from Itisll.

Comment

I can spray glyphosate about 1/4ac with a 4 gallon sprayer and fill it up again for 1/2 AC plot. Put seed down before it rains in early Oct. Turner seed has a good fall mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What’s a good back pack sprayer and what sprayer head do you recommend for large area coverage?

Comment

This backpack sprayer works very well. Rechargeable lithium ion lasts a long time and comes with various types of sprayer heads to fit your coverage area

Comment

Saturday I used a four gallon Harbor Freight Backpack Sprayer for the first time. It worked great. I was spraying Tripoclyr/Diesel mix on mesquite and huisache.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                  Saturday I used a four gallon Harbor Freight Backpack Sprayer for the first time. It worked great. I was spraying Tripoclyr/Diesel mix on mesquite and huisache.
                  Good luck. Tried the harbor freight special and the 2nd time I used it it started leaking out of the top spout. Terrible design and you dont want herbicide sloshing all over you

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                    Be careful using diesel fuel in that sprayer some of the seals may swell up and it will leak. I found out the hard way that some sprayers are not designed for petroleum products.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                      Be careful using diesel fuel in that sprayer some of the seals may swell up and it will leak. I found out the hard way that some sprayers are not designed for petroleum products.
                      Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye on it.

Comment

Getting a new in the box Kobalt 4gallon 40V backpack sprayer for $75. Picking it up today
                        Looks like they are highly rated and sell for $130ish so good deal

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                          Good luck. Tried the harbor freight special and the 2nd time I used it it started leaking out of the top spout. Terrible design and you dont want herbicide sloshing all over you
                          This was my experience. Started leaking all over and then would not spray at all. Junk - and I am a HF fan, but this item gets a Zero Rating from me.

I then rebuilt an old 20 gallon spot sprayer that I put a hard piece of copper on with a spray head on the end. Can now cover a 16 foot swath with one pass. Just put the sprayer on the back of an ATV

Going to do a search on the Kobalt referenced above
                          Last edited by wellingtontx; 07-19-2022, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Glad I checked before driving but the Kobalt doesn't come with the battery. That is about $70 and another $40 for the charger. Even the new ones don't come with a battery. Guess I'll just grab a normal pump one

Comment

I got one of these 3-4 years ago and have had no problems at all. Of course it costs twice as much now than it did then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X