• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet!

Comment

In! Love me some DIY

Comment

DIY Cabin build

It’ll have vinyl windows. Solid wood doors, every wall is going to be insulated. With a dual mini split it shouldn’t have any problems staying cold. Putting a wall fan in the spare room to pull cool air into it.

My 325 sqft cabin isn’t even insulated out there and the mini split keeps it cold.

The cabinet plans aren’t final. I may just do an island/ bar… I’ll see how that all fits once it’s dried in.

As of now I’m right at $1600 on the foundation.
        That’s (12) 4’x6’x10’ post (cut in thirds) (48) 2’x6’x16’ pallet of sakrete & a box of framing nails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Last edited by Hix; 07-19-2021, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
          It’ll have vinyl windows. Solid wood doors, every wall is going to be insulated. With a dual mini split it shouldn’t have any problems staying cold. Putting a wall fan in the spare room to pull cool air into it.

My 325 sqft cabin isn’t even insulated out there and the mini split keeps it cold.

The cabinet plans aren’t final. I may just do an island/ bar… I’ll see how that all fits once it’s dried in.

That’s (12) 4’x6’x10’ post (cut in thirds) (48) 2’x6’x16’ pallet of sakrete & a box of framing nails.

We did a mini split in our cabin build, had hell with it. Not because splits are bad, but because I bought the cheapest one I could find. (Search “SR Cabin”)

Finally but the bullet and put a split system in, and it’s been awesome.

after talking with the A/C guys, my whole problem was going cheap… spend the money and do it right the first time! Just my .02

Super excited to follow along!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice! In for results

Comment

What size WH? Any option to putting it on the outside wall and framing it in rather than between the shower and the pooper?

Comment

Get you or have built an island on wheels. That way you can move it out of the way when not in use.

Comment

I do love these threads. I'd say you got a good bit of work done for the first 2.5 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillwhacker View Post
                    What size WH? Any option to putting it on the outside wall and framing it in rather than between the shower and the pooper?

It’s a little propane tankless interior wall mount.. same one in my other cabin, i have an exterior flush mount on my home I may look into that but they can freeze under harsh conditions. Had to put a heat lamp on it during snowmageddon 2021

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
                      We did a mini split in our cabin build, had hell with it. Not because splits are bad, but because I bought the cheapest one I could find. (Search “SR Cabin”)

Finally but the bullet and put a split system in, and it’s been awesome.

after talking with the A/C guys, my whole problem was going cheap… spend the money and do it right the first time! Just my .02

Super excited to follow along!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had one in my other cabin for 5-6 years, no issues. I’ll get a name brand but these days nothing last very long.

Comment

following

Comment

I’m in on this for sure! My land isn’t far from yours. I’m slowly working on getting set up to build me one! Excited to see yours.

Comment

Awesome thread and I'll be following along...good luck!

Comment

Building this 16x32 on my family land in Lodi, Tx. Have a small hunting cabin there now but I’m ready to have something nice the family can enjoy. I’ll update as progress happens.

Last days off i went out and worked 2-1/2 days getting the foundation done.

(36) 4x6 piers cemented in place and doubled up 2x6x16 treated beams. Then 2x6x16 joist 16” OC

Braced the joist before i left out for work. Will be back in a few weeks to install the sub floor and start framing walls.

Dug 12 with post hole diggers then decided to borrow a gas auger! Post are 4’ OC and beams are 5.33’ spaced

String line leveled post. Cut off with a chain saw and added beams. Ended up with in a few 1/100th of an inch of being perfectly square. (35.77’) I’ll take it and the 3/4” T&G decking will be true.

Screws a ripped 2x6 down the middle to keep the joist aligned till I can install some blocking.

Pretty much got plans finalized, I drew them on excel. Will frame a 8x32 porch off the front with 5 natural cedar tree post.

Where is the guns safe going?

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                                Get you or have built an island on wheels. That way you can move it out of the way when not in use.
                                I love that idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X