No announcement yet.

Best stop coming to Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never heard of it but willing to try them.

Comment

Californians best stop coming here too.

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
        I have had market basket and best stop, Haven't had Billy's in years so can't speak on it. I will stop by on my next visit to LA.

Well what in your opinion is better? Market Basket or Best Stop?

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
          I have never had Best Stop but I’ve had Billy‘s on the other side of the highway.

I don’t know about the consistency of Market Basket and their different stores but I live about 2 miles from their headquarter store in Nederland. I love to get their smoked boudin. It is my go to source locally. I usually get some there at least once a week. I love it.

Billy’s however, is in a different league. I know taste is subjective but for me it is not even close. So I will gladly keep eating Market Basket smoked boudin and be happy as a clam. If somebody throws some Billy‘s in front of me, the Market Basket is going back in the refrigerator.

I have heard the Best Stop and Billy‘s are very similar. I don’t know but if they are, Market Basket is my New York Strip and those others are medium rare Ribeyes.
          Best stop is better than Billy’s but it’s like anything else. Once they get big and start franchising and get away from the mom and pop location the quality usually goes down.

Comment

Do you Cajuns have any Cajun cooks that create content on YouTube that you would recommend following?

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
              Do you Cajuns have any Cajun cooks that create content on YouTube that you would recommend following?
              hes good and fun to watch....[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a6LkMu6mAs"]Whole bacon wrapped alligator!! - YouTube[/ame] his two step seasoning is great, you can get it at walmart.
              Last edited by waterdog; 08-11-2022, 06:47 PM.

Comment

“you can put that on a cracker”

BestStop is better than Billy’s, Don’s & Kartchner’s... but when you get tired of one, any of the other three are an excellent change up

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  Californians best stop coming here too.
                  I see what you did there!

Comment

Best stop is better than market basket in my opinion but Insane Sausages in Vinton, LA is better then both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Every time we go to lake Charles on way home we fill a cooler up at market basket don’t really see a reason to try anything else

Comment

Grew up around Market Basket and Best Stop is much better, especially the smoked. Last year we stopped on our wat to Florida and bought Billy's and Best Stop for taste test. Consensus was we like Best Stop smoked boudin over Billy's, but preffered Billy's boudin balls.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well that's cool. We have a Herbert's in the woodlands and we can make room for Best Stop also....lol! Congratulations to them!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by L.T.K.56 View Post
                            Every time we go to lake Charles on way home we fill a cooler up at market basket don’t really see a reason to try anything else
                            So MB was the only boudin you have tried?

Comment

Me and my wife both love the Best Stop's smoked boudin!
                              When you find something you like this much, there's no need to go looking for anything else. Glad to hear there will now be locations closer than Scott, LA.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                                Cajun Ninja is not bad. I met him recently at a nearby restaurant. His seasoning is much better than Stale Kracker’s. Stale Kracker is nothing more than a state trooper wearing a wig and acting like he does in front of his kids. But, some folks like that. I get tired of the schtick real fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X