No announcement yet.

Fillet Knife Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dexter/Russel, most you find have the white sanisafe handle. The best they had used to have the wooden handle with a high carbon blade that was extremely easy to sharpen. The white handles have a stainless blade but are still pretty easy to deep sharp.

Electric, I have cleaned thousands of crappie and specs with Mister twister electric knife green and yellow knife, wear them out about every 2 years.

Comment

I goto restaurant supply store and get Dexter or Victoria and get one with the stiffness I’m looking for.

Comment

Dexter or Victorinox is my go to but if I’ve got electricity then my Mr. Twister.

Comment

All I use is Dexter/Russell.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
            Hard to beat a Rapala, large and small for the money.
            Yep, the one with the wooden handle

Comment

I also have one of feather burners and it is great and easy to sharpen when needed

Comment

I keep a whole shoe box full of assorted fillet knives. It includes some butcher knives as well. I like using fillet knives for skin-n and butcher-n stuff too. Not just fish. Also have a Mr Twister A\C that's about 30 years old. And a Bubba cordless kit with case and 4 blades. My 20V brushless DeWalt Sawzall works wonders on fish and critters too. But kinda hard to use on crappie.

Comment

I started with Rapala wooden handles in the 80s and haven't used any other. Only fish for trout, reds and flounder.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Bubba and Rapala wood handle are my go to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dexter or Bubba blade

Comment

Gonna put in another vote for one of feather burners filet knives. Great knife easy to sharpen and looks good too. Great guy to do business with

Comment

I have an old Sharp brand filet knife with a wooden handle that my grandpa gave me out of his tackle box many many moons ago. It sharpens up great and has broken down more deer over the years that I can to remember. I do have a Bubba blade and just your run of the mill electric knife that I use for crappie and catfish. That Sharp knife is one I would be upset if it ever went missing.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                            I started with Rapala wooden handles in the 80s and haven't used any other. Only fish for trout, reds and flounder.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
                            Same here. Love the older Rapala's.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              The Rapala wood handle is hard to beat. Now if you're cleaning armadillos not thick enough

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                              I was told armadillos carry Leapord Seeds? How do you plant them?

My Rapala wood handle has served my needs well.

Lastly. Whatever the guy behind the counter at my grocery store uses is great. All I do is season and grill. Batter and fry.

Comment

Post a pic of Feather Burners Knives. Maybe I will enjoy a cocktail and order 3 of us new ones!

Comment

Working...
                                X