Clear All

Best Stop inside and out.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Billy’s inside and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
        That smoked boudin is awesome. I usually buy 15/20lbs when we pass through that area.
        Yep. The box of boudin, know it well.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
          We went to the one in Scott last summer because Billy's was closed. They can't hold a candle to what Billy's puts out, I wasn't impressed at all.
          There’s one in every crowd. Good grief.

Comment

Originally posted by StickFlinger View Post
            Convenient store/cajun meat market type deal, honestly I don't even know if the shop in Scott even has gas pumps. I don't go for gas, I go for stocking up like everyone else in the thread lol. They've got several freezers of product you can buy as well as a hot bar with everything ready to order

Thanks good info. I will give them a try when they open the Katy store.

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
            I always go to Billy’s on the other side of I-10 from Best Stop. It comes down to personal preference. I know that Billy’s is almost a hole in the wall location but it seems to pack in a crowd of people for their Cajun delicacies and essentially all “to go”. You can get their food items hot and ready to eat or most of them come frozen to take home.

I think Best Stop is a bit larger but not by much.

The restrooms at Buc-ee’s are about the same size.

Is this Billy’s you speak of coming to Texas too? If not then I will try them if I ever have the misfortune of needing to go to Louisiana

Comment

The boudin po-boy is great. Don’t play around .

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                There’s one in every crowd. Good grief.
                One with a different opionion than you?

Comment

This makes me so happy, I love love love their smoked boudin!

I tend to agree that billys is a bit better, but its all so good that I usually go to both and get 5-10lbs from each when im passing through Scott

For anyone that hasnt tried Best Stop Boudin and wants to before they arrive here - the restaurant BB's Tex-Orleans Kitchen ONLY uses Best Stop boudin at their locations - the boudin flautas are AMAZING.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                    We went to the one in Scott last summer because Billy's was closed. They can't hold a candle to what Billy's puts out, I wasn't impressed at all.
                    It’s funny that you say that because about 5 years ago we stopped at Best Stop on the way home from Florida. I bought about 20 lbs to bring home and it was nasty. Threw it out. It was almost like they had a disgruntled employee make it. There was no way that they built they’re reputation and following with what I bought.

Comment

I really miss Praseks south of Htown - Best Stop better? Maybe Tyler or Longview will get one

Comment

Originally posted by chopsknives View Post
                        I really miss Praseks south of Htown - Best Stop better? Maybe Tyler or Longview will get one
                        Best Stop and Prasek's are very different. Prasek's is a jerky/czech or german sausage place/meat market. Best stop is a cajun boudin/cracklin/cajun meat market. Both good, but not really comparable, imo.

Comment

Working...
                        X