Need help with a Tundra axle housing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soldierarcher View Post
    Seriously strange spot to have an issue for sure. If you ever want a bullet proof rear diff checkout Currie Enterprises. They are not cheap, but they are the word in differential's.
    Someone mentioned them earlier(maybe you), I briefly scrolled through their site.
    Nice stuff for sure.
    They list nothing for Toyota but I'm sure they have axles that are compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by soldierarcher View Post
      Seriously strange spot to have an issue for sure. If you ever want a bullet proof rear diff checkout Currie Enterprises. They are not cheap, but they are the word in differential's.
      At the present time Currie doesn’t make anything for a Toyota.,

Comment

The weld was probably bad from day one, but having the axle housing braced, would be a good idea, if you do run it hard over large bumps. I would bet the frames on the different wheel base trucks, have different width frames. Ford and GM, probably Dodge, make different width frames for different trucks. I would bet on longer wheel base trucks, the frame are wider.

To confirm that, you could measure the width of your frame, then find a short bed truck and measure the width of the frame on that truck. Or just park your truck near a short bed truck and look both axles over very well. You may have to measure various things.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
          The weld was probably bad from day one, but having the axle housing braced, would be a good idea, if you do run it hard over large bumps. I would bet the frames on the different wheel base trucks, have different width frames. Ford and GM, probably Dodge, make different width frames for different trucks. I would bet on longer wheel base trucks, the frame are wider.

To confirm that, you could measure the width of your frame, then find a short bed truck and measure the width of the frame on that truck. Or just park your truck near a short bed truck and look both axles over very well. You may have to measure various things.
          Yes sir, that's the plan.
          Johnny hooked me up with a local guy, we're going to bust out the tape measure tomorrow and compare them side by side.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
            I've looked into it, and may wind up going that route.
            Gusset it like the Pros.

Comment

Working...
            X