Property Improvements/Mulching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property Improvements/Mulching

These land improvement threads always interest me so I figured I would share some recent work we had done last week. Our place is on the edge of Polk Co in the river bottom. The tract in the river bottom had no access roads, on foot was the only option. I've loaded some before and after pics so you can see how thick it was prior to the mulching. The machine being used is a 200 hp Gyrotrac. The operator did a fantastic job. He got about 1.2 miles of trails/road done in 2 days.
    We had him stick around for a 3rd day and mulch up various trees that had fell that we never got around to cleaning up.
    In addition to the mulching, we had a bridge over a small creek that got in really bad shape. We decided to do a low water crossing and are going to haul in some 3x5 rock. The dirt work is done on this part, just got to get the rock in place.
    Attached Files

That looks Great!

Comment

Whole new place!

Good job!!

Comment

Looks good.

Just saying, I wish I'd did my low-water crossing/creek crossing differently. I would love to have a sturdy bridge over it because it floods a couple times a year and washed all my rock and slabs out of the bed. Can't really afford a bridge but since its so dry right now, I'm still considering pouring a thick concrete slab over it with some smaller drain pipes under it. That big rock is pretty expensive too.

Comment

That made a significant change on the place.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
            Looks good.

Just saying, I wish I'd did my low-water crossing/creek crossing differently. I would love to have a sturdy bridge over it because it floods a couple times a year and washed all my rock and slabs out of the bed. Can't really afford a bridge but since its so dry right now, I'm still considering pouring a thick concrete slab over it with some smaller drain pipes under it. That big rock is pretty expensive too.
            So we strongly considered building a bridge however it needed to be strong enough for us to drive a 90 hp tractor with loader and bush hog across it. To build it this heavy duty was going to cost way to much money. The bridge itself would need to be 15 to 16 ft long. We've only got $1,300 in one load of rock and excavator time to get the low water crossing built as seen in the pics.

Comment

Looks good ! Many times low water crossings are the way to go.

Comment

If anyone is looking for some clearing work in East Texas I would highly recommend these guys. A 200 hp machine for a 10 hour work day is $2,000 a day.

Comment

Nice work! Those machines are game changers.

Comment

Those Mulchers do wonders in central Texas on cedars/ash junipers. We need to get someone out again after this season and mulch another 10-15 acres.

Comment

Looks great! Mulchers are awesome machines

Comment

Looks good. We have the exact machine at our place. We bought is a few years ago and love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex1986 View Post
                          If anyone is looking for some clearing work in East Texas I would highly recommend these guys. A 200 hp machine for a 10 hour work day is $2,000 a day.
                          Looks great! How much can they get done in a typical day?

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                            Looks great! How much can they get done in a typical day?
                            He was able to get approximately 2,100 yards of road cleared in 2 days. The road width is what you can see in the pics. Some areas were thick and then some areas were thin so he was able to move on at a good pace. We were pleased with just over a mile of roads completed in 2 days though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex1986 View Post
                              He was able to get approximately 2,100 yards of road cleared in 2 days. The road width is what you can see in the pics. Some areas were thick and then some areas were thin so he was able to move on at a good pace. We were pleased with just over a mile of roads completed in 2 days though.
                              Thanks for the reply. Yeah that seems like very progress!

Comment

Working...
                              X