No announcement yet.

Benbrook 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were the only ones out there today. We saw squirrels, opossum, rabbit and even turkeys. Called in one turkey to the spread but it was a hen. The other one was on the road and was probably a hen as well. did not even react to the call. Just kept walking.

Comment

One more day left to hunt. So far we have had no luck taking a Tom. Had one right behind us this morning but he just shut down and never came in. Good luck for the guys that start on Sunday.

Comment

Well, the season is over for us. No luck but the cameras show that there are turkeys out there. We had the morning hunt cut short when some predator killed a rabbit very near our blind. After that we didn't think anything would be coming in. Good luck to the second half hunters.

Comment

My hunt starts starts tomorrow, but am watching the weather to see if it’s gonna be storming or not. Got some target practice in today with the bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn't see any birds did see one fox one coyote and four deer, thanks to PIOBILL ,you kept me hopefull ,I never got a turkey on my cameras ,did find a feather and some tracks once,good luck to yall and be safe and blessed,is going to storm tomorrow but turkeys do you like to come out in the rain, wish I had one more day I am turkey hunting in the morning just somewhere else that's also public with no baiting, may have been one of the mistakes I made I baited in the beginning and then stopped as I couldn't stay in one spot

Comment

We got a couple more turkeys on camera, so they are out there. Good luck Kev.

Comment

Kev,
                Having any luck?

Comment

Good luck to Kev and the rest of the 2nd group,gonna go to clear lake at LBJ grasslands Sunday mornin,y'all be safe and blessed

Comment

Well, I went out the first weekend of the second draw and thought it was gonna happen right after sunrise. Had a gobbler calling back to me from the roost, he hit the ground and start coming my way, but then he went silent. About 30 minutes later, I barely heard his gobble off in the distance, so I got up and started sneaking that way. Come up on a small hill in a prairie area and he was down at the bottom looking up and busted me... I came out of the treeline where I would be skylined to anything at the bottom. That was a hard learned reminder about being patient. It was a good looking bird.

Went out Sunday this last weekend and didn't hear or see anything all morning and stayed until noon.

Comment

Man sorry you got busted glad you had that really good experience though , thanks for sharing hope you get a nice time out of there

Comment

That was a lot like what we saw and heard. Not willing to commit and come in. Sorry you got busted. I am glad I put off having my knee scoped. After having it done last week I know the 2 week recovery is a myth. At this point I cannot imagine that walk in and out. Good luck.

Comment

Sorry you had to have your knee worked on hope that heals up real nice for you , good luck to yall in this weekend, I can't get out of work and I hope somebody gets one so at least I can read about it, y'all be safe and blessed

Comment

Thanks for the good wishes. Good luck to everyone that is still hunting.

Comment

Well turkey season is over. I hope there was some success out there this year.

Comment

Apps for the 2022-2023 season are up.

Comment

Working...
                                X