Unused bow from 2015/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unused bow from 2015/16

Please excuse my ignorance up front.. I bought a compound bow back in 2015/16 from a reputable archery shop. Long story short, I never fired the bow after the purchase, so it’s been sitting in an air conditioned closet inside of a Plano case. I went back to the shop with a buddy of mine that wants to get into bow hunting and he bought his first bow. I had the tech look at my old bow that I never used to make sure there weren’t any issues that might cause the bow to snap or possibly cause me harm. He took a gander at it for maybe 15 seconds and said it looked okay. So I’m coming to you guys to make sure that sounds like an adequate examination. Should I take it back to another shop and have someone else look at it, or do you think he did enough to verify the safety of using the bow?

Only thing that might of gone wrong is the string stretched a bit and might need replacing. If it was in ac and never touched, theres no reason anything else shoulda been messed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

it is fine. the string will be fine also. shoot away with confidence

Comment

It is probably fine but a 15 minute inspection is bull ****.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
          it is fine. the string will be fine also. shoot away with confidence
          This. But agreed on the cursory look.
          Last edited by kyleseipp; 07-26-2022, 09:58 AM. Reason: More text needed

Comment

Start slinging sticks with it

Comment

It’s ok.

Comment

That is about five seconds more that it would have taken me to inspect it.

Comment

Working...
                X