X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by fulmer34; 04-11-2022, 04:19 PM. Reason: Misquote

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
      I have a neighbor who had one shot down last week ?
      Good shootin!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0A370B23-4F84-4ED2-9F5C-7422F8C4B1D9.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	873.3 KB
ID:	24681843

This is a standard real estate image from my drone. As you can see, to get this shot I have to fly over the neighbors yard across the street. The neighbors houses on either side are also visible.

While there are certainly some people who abuse this ability, most licensed pilots are just out to inspect roofs or get shots like this one.

As the technology improves, the laws will continue to evolve.

But for now, if someone wants to spy on your wife while she sunbathes nude in the privacy of your backyard or check out your new pot plants, they are most likely to do it from the ground via a hole in the fence. Like any new advance in technology, it takes time to sort out the legal side. There’s certainly a privacy side of it that needs to be sorted out and respected.

It will be interesting to see where this goes.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
          I can video at about 35 mph……
          I think Superman and speeding bullets get the upper hand.

Comment

I'm not sure I want a drone flying over my house or land filming anything. I know google and the government do it, but I never approved of it. JMO

Comment

Make no mistake, all intrusive or unreasonable law is intended for the eventual use of Pedophilia.

Comment

We've seen a drone(s) flying on the ranch in dimmit county along some of the ranch roads that also see alot of illegal traffic. We are not sure if they where using the drone to find a good route or if the drone was used like a "pilot" car with a smuggler following behind the drone. We have seen this a couple of times on the same part of the ranch.

You can't fly a helicopter above somebodies property and you can buy and sell your wind rights, which means you own the air above your land. It should be the same for drones. If they can get up as high as an airplane, they let them, if they cant I think they make good target practice
                Last edited by MAP; 04-11-2022, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                  We've seen a drone(s) flying on the ranch in dimmit county along some of the ranch roads that also see alot of illegal traffic. We are not sure if they where using the drone to find a good route or if the drone was used like a "pilot" car with a smuggler following behind the drone. We have seen this a couple of times on the same part of the ranch.

You can't fly a helicopter above somebodies property and you can buy and sell your wind rights, which means you own the air above your land. It should be the same for drones. If they can get up as high as an airplane, they let them, if they cant I think they make good target practice
                  At a height of 400 feet or more, you can as it stands currently.

Comment

Hopefully SCOTUS reverses course in the future and decides the issue in line with the
                    fairly recent Hawaii Supreme Court decision in the Quiday case.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                      Neighbor has one he/she Flys around. Typically when I am mowing my yard, shirtless. I don't blame them. I have a big ol set of boobies. Dad bods are in. It is our time to shine gents!

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk
                      Dang it man! Dads double d, s. SMH.

Comment

I think real estate people will use them in the future trying to get you to sale your land. I know they do fly and video what they have listed, but I think that will change in a year or two.

Comment

It is harassment of livestoc, hunters, and wild game

Comment

What privacy laws?

I am not defending anyone spying with a drone or anything else but curious which laws you’re talking about.
                            It’s the Hank Williams law. Mind your own business and you won’t be mindin mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
                              It’s the Hank Williams law. Mind your own business and you won’t be mindin mine.

I love this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can video at about 35 mph……
                                then we'll pretend its a dove, and its in-season.

Comment

Working...
                                X