X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJI Air 2S ($1,000) in JPG, 20MP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I took those photos this year of two coworkers’ land that both are about to build on.

They both wanted to show before and after shots and not intended to be professional quality and not shot in RAW.

The first was a 5.5MB image and the second was a 13.1MB image.

So for three times the money and three times the megapixel image in the same format, is the DJI effectively better just for viewing on a phone or tablet?

Just for personal use I think the cheap Hubsan might be a great alternative to someone that doesn’t want to drop $1,000 or more just for photos to show people.

To make money where a paying customer expects excellence is when you can tell the difference.

It is like the difference in buying a $4,000 dlsr camera setup when all you want to do is take photos at Bownanza with an iPhone and post in Instagram or TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        Do you prefer the pro or the mini?? Can either camera zoom in??
        Mini is pimp. Components and drone are compact for travel. Everything easily fits into a gun range bag. DJIs bag is half the size of a range bag, whereas we run a blade guard because mi hijo likes to fly through trees and his little brothers face…subsequently needing a larger bag to accomodate the blade guard.
        Mini pertains to following:
        Wind altimeter on drone will tell phone app and tell you when winds are too high to fly. Drone will land itself to home point.
        The drone is the zoom. Camera is fixed focus.
        Last edited by Briar Friar; 04-02-2022, 11:12 PM. Reason: BladeGuardardoSpake

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          Impressive video. What brand drone and camera are you using? Do you edit the video or is that something the real estate firm does or has done?

What wind speeds make it a no go on your type of work??
          I edited that video but typically the company edits the clips I submit to deliver to the clients.

I don’t like flying above 15 sustained mph because the gusts are typically twice that. I use the UAV forecast app to monitor wind.

I’m flying a mavic pro 2.

Comment

May have been said already but a lot of the refineries and chem plants hire drones to inspect flare tips, wire rope guy lines and guy line termination points

Comment

Here’s one where I’m just messing around.

Pretty fun toy and even better if you can get paid to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                Zoom or Pro.

I have the Mavic Air 2

The picture quality is awesome and it’s got pre-made smart shots that make for good videos. It’s also a perfect size for me to carry around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just purchased an agricultural drone for pesticide and fertilizer applications. Getting through all the red tape with the state and FAA but should be up and going by the end of the month.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                    I edited that video but typically the company edits the clips I submit to deliver to the clients.

I don’t like flying above 15 sustained mph because the gusts are typically twice that. I use the UAV forecast app to monitor wind.

I’m flying a mavic pro 2.
                    Do you fly for one of the companies that offer missions where you fly, take their required client video and/or photos and they do the editing?

I was a pilot on Drone Base but almost every mission offered conflicted with work or the weather didn’t cooperate.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                      Do you fly for one of the companies that offer missions where you fly, take their required client video and/or photos and they do the editing?

I was a pilot on Drone Base but almost every mission offered conflicted with work or the weather didn’t cooperate.
                      Yes

The company I fly for is www.virtuance.com

The pay isn’t great but they keep me busy.

Comment

I have a buddy due it for his commercial roofing company, basically he flies one up with a thermal drone and shows them where they are loosing all their cooling or heating, then he resurfaces their roof.
                        We also used to hire a guy with a thermal drone annually to do one of our deer population surveys on the ranch.
                        I have also known a few guys who live on the majority of their land and will use a drone now to check cattle in the mornings so they don't have to leave the house

Comment

Working...
                        X