Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nilgai hunt for Dec, is King Ranch the way to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilgai hunt for Dec, is King Ranch the way to go?

We are looking for a Nilgai hunt and want to look at Dec. Is the King Ranch guided hunt the way to go?

Any advice appreciated.

Regards.

PS- for my friends, Africa is booked. Mule deer is booked. Texas Elk is booked. Montana is a go in Sept. Caribou is still being investigated.

Can’t wait to follow along brother!

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
      Can’t wait to follow along brother!
      Heck ya man, how are you doing? All is good here. Just busy with the ranch, work, kids growing like weeds. Made it through first year of tee ball which was like letting a bag of cats out on the field.

Comment

There is a facebook group called texas nilgai hunters. Lots of outfitters on there stacking up bulls.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
          There is a facebook group called texas nilgai hunters. Lots of outfitters on there stacking up bulls.
          Thanks for the info, I don't have FB but my friend going on the trip does. I will have him check it out.

Comment

I have a hunt booked with these guys from a TBH recommendation. Cody seems like a stand up guy from my interactions with him. We rescheduled from March to October due to the freeze.

Chris

Comment

I have several acquaintances (my husband among them) who have been on guided hunts at the King Ranch and they say it is the only way to go. Add that to the fact that they have an extremely high level of security there which, by my way of thinking, makes it the only safe place to hunt in So Texas with everything going on down there right now.

Comment

horn fin n feather outfitters
                mariposa ranch
                king ranch
                I shot one of my bulls in the valley on a ranch(Caracitas ranch, spelling?) that horn fin n feather started outfitting on, still hands down the biggest nilgai I have seen on the hoof. I'll find a pic when I get to the house. Nice lodge and awesome guides.

Comment

I had success on the King Ranch, Norias Division. Loved it. Highly recommend it. Weston was my guide and he's a good one.

Comment

Personally I would focus south into Kenedy county. But you cant go wrong that place is magic

Comment

Thanks for the information y'all. Waiting to hear back from the King Ranch and looking at some of these other recommendations.

This wasn't high on my list, but I've had Nilgai steaks twice now and I'd give away all my deer meat to make room for Nilgai. Amazing table fare. Getting a shoulder mount is also NOT high on my list, but if I kill a nice bull I've seen some good poses and mounts to make me want to get it done.

Comment

If you want a one day hunt the King Ranch hunt was the way to go.

If you want a place with lodging and camp atmosphere I’d look at some of the outfitters on Yturria south of Norias.

I’ll be back down there to chase them again one day, really want one with a bow but if I get a .375H&H I’ll rifle hunt them in a heart beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                          https://www.insight-outdoors.com/

I have a hunt booked with these guys from a TBH recommendation. Cody seems like a stand up guy from my interactions with him. We rescheduled from March to October due to the freeze.

Chris
                          I’ve known Cody for a while. He runs a top notch outfit, has some dang good places, and will work his tail off for you.

Comment

Might also consider this outfitter who run hunts on the Yturria.

Mando is the main guide and he took Steve Rinella from Meateater on an Nilgai hunt awhile back. You can find it on Netflix.

South Texas hunting at it's finest. We offer Nilgai Bull hunts, Scimitar Oryx and Whitetail hunt packages.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                              I’ve known Cody for a while. He runs a top notch outfit, has some dang good places, and will work his tail off for you.
                              I did send him an email.

Thanks.

JMH

Comment

Working...
                              X