Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally won a draw hunt. Boars Den Muzzleloader.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally won a draw hunt. Boars Den Muzzleloader.

Been a lucky year for draws this year. Got drawn for the Hag and now today got an email saying I got drawn for Trinity River Boars Den muzzleloader deer hunt. Pretty excited about it. Been putting in for years with no wins. Has anyone here hunted this unit? Any tips/suggestions for this hunt? I hate going in blind so I’ll go a couple days early to scout but could always use some insight. I’m also looking for a descent muzzleloader if anyone wants to sell one. Thanks In advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No help on the rifle but congrats on winning the draw. Seems like that would be a pretty cool hunt.

Comment

Seems this unit is hard to get info for. The Trinity River NWR hunt in general is hard to get info.

Comment

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Snake boots or leggings for sure. Great place, lotta walking. There are some good bucks along the river. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
            Snake boots or leggings for sure. Great place, lotta walking. There are some good bucks along the river. Good luck.

I’ve heard the snakes are out there for sure. Do you know if they allow e-bikes?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
              I’ve heard the snakes are out there for sure. Do you know if they allow e-bikes?

Unless they have changed it is walk only. You can email Bonnie_Campisi@fws.gov and ask her. She works at the TRNWR and will be able to help you.
              Here is the link to the Boars Den map.

Comment

Working...
              X