WeBoost mast on RV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeBoost mast on RV

I am looking for suggestions for clamps to connect a "mast" for a WeBoost antenna to my RV ladder. I have a piece of heavy wall pvc that a double section of 2" aluminum pipe will go into. I will cut the pieces so that the mast can be raised above roof height at the campsite using a set screw through the pvc and lowered for traveling. I will likely get a cap and screw it to a piece of 2 x 4 which I will attach to the bumper with square U bolts. My question for you folks is, what type of clamps would be good and look neat to hold the mast in place? The ladder is 1" diameter and as mentioned 2" pipe. The connection to the ladder will be to the attachment to the rv part so opposite direction as the mast. Here is a rough drawing. I appreciate any suggestions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	weboost mast mount.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	25259748

No connector suggestions? Surely someone has put one up.

Comment

Look up flagpole buddy kit for rv

Comment

Appreciate it. Will do.

Comment

This might be the way to go… Wilson antenna mast with 25 foot telescoping pole…

Outdoor antenna mounts allow for easy and optimized installation of an outdoor antenna on a roof or wherever outside signal is stronger. Get yours now!

Comment

Now this is a TRUE TBH engineering Diagram! this I can understand but sorry I don't have any feedback for ya

Todd

Comment

Flagpole Buddy is what I use for my Weatherflow Tempest mount.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20210913_101216.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	24661910

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                This might be the way to go… Wilson antenna mast with 25 foot telescoping pole…

https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/wil...ntenna-mounts/

Thanks, I pretty have all that here at the house.

Originally posted by Todd P View Post
                Now this is a TRUE TBH engineering Diagram! this I can understand but sorry I don't have any feedback for ya

Todd

Not a problem, glad you like the drawing.

Originally posted by Lariat View Post
                Flagpole Buddy is what I use for my Weatherflow Tempest mount.
                [ATTACH]1062587[/ATTACH]

Do you take this down every time you pack up?

Comment

I think I have everything after a trip to Lowes and HD. Thanks for the comments everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                    I think I have everything after a trip to Lowes and HD. Thanks for the comments everyone.
                    Cool… do you mind posting up some pics after you finish up… thinking of running something similar in the near future——

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                      Cool… do you mind posting up some pics after you finish up… thinking of running something similar in the near future——

I definitely will.

Comment

I have a few things left to do but only a couple before an upcoming trip. My drawing above was pretty much followed but I wasn't sure exactly what hardware to use until a visit to a couple of the big box stores. Here are the pics and if anyone sees something that would concern them, speak up. I do have these four items that will be attended to including the couple mentioned above. I will make comments on the pics that need it.

1. replace long screw in mast clamp with nut and bolt.
                        2. drill drain holes at the bottom
                        3. need to devise a brace for the mast at the top of the ladder
                        4. mask off and touch up paint.

Once I determine it will work as planned, I will run the cable inside the ceiling cavity.

Treated 2 x 4 with PVC cap screwed to it is the base.

4" x 7" x 3/8" square u bolts. I didn't have any lock washers but found two nylon lock nuts that are on the backside and used double nut on the front as "jam" nuts.

My makeshift support from the plumbing dept.

My plan for holding in place once the best signal is acquired is to have the screw seen placed in one of the semi-circles at the top of the black PVC. This is the traveling position of the aluminum pole.

This will keep the wind from turning the mast once set to the best signal.

It will be well above the roof of the RV. I couldn't get it high enough to join together so held it in place.

Comment

Working...
                        X