No announcement yet.

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pops turned 80 Saturday. We have a lifetime of fishing trips under our belts , but every new one is special.

Started a big jetties , boxed two reds quick then nothing. Skunked at our rig in west Matty , but found 8 solid specks in Lavaca Bay spoils to call it a good day chunking artificials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie13 View Post
      I'm not looking for anything bulletproof, just something that will last awhile if properly cared for.
      If you dunk it and don't tear it down and totally clean and re-lube it, it'll be dead. None of them will stand up to dunking in saltwater.

Don't dunk 'em. Don't lay them down in the sand either. Both of those things will kill reels.

The Pursuit III 2500s are actually a decent little reel. I have about 6 or 7 of them. I got about 6 or 8 months out of them, paid $34 each for them at wal mart. That is pretty good life for a $35 reel. The Wrath isn't very good. The Fierce is a big step up and is a much better reel than the Pursuit. The Battle is a good reel too but I'm not so sure there is enough difference to make the price difference worth buying a Battle over a Fierce anymore.

The Daiwa BG 2500 is another good one to look at. Also the Saltist.

Another good inexpensive spinning reel is the Daiwa Revros 3000. Pretty good little reels for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
        Pops turned 80 Saturday. We have a lifetime of fishing trips under our belts , but every new one is special.

Started a big jetties , boxed two reds quick then nothing. Skunked at our rig in west Matty , but found 8 solid specks in Lavaca Bay spoils to call it a good day chunking artificials.

Awesome trip Gary!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
          If you dunk it and don't tear it down and totally clean and re-lube it, it'll be dead. None of them will stand up to dunking in saltwater.

Don't dunk 'em. Don't lay them down in the sand either. Both of those things will kill reels.

The Pursuit III 2500s are actually a decent little reel. I have about 6 or 7 of them. I got about 6 or 8 months out of them, paid $34 each for them at wal mart. That is pretty good life for a $35 reel. The Wrath isn't very good. The Fierce is a big step up and is a much better reel than the Pursuit. The Battle is a good reel too but I'm not so sure there is enough difference to make the price difference worth buying a Battle over a Fierce anymore.

The Daiwa BG 2500 is another good one to look at. Also the Saltist.

Another good inexpensive spinning reel is the Daiwa Revros 3000. Pretty good little reels for the money.
          I appreciate the input!

I don't really plan on dunking them in the saltwater, but I'm also not foolish enough to think accidents don't happen, so just wanting to make sure I have a day or two buffer to get them properly cleaned and lubricated before they start seeing a significant inner dimensional change.

I'll checkout the Daiwa's and stay away from the Wrath.

Thanks again for the info

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post

Solid Gold Mr.Gary, these things will never leave you sir.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey hey. Look what brown brought me today.

Comment

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Originally posted by Chew View Post

Very nice Chew. Make sure to keep it away from black drums, as that is the Waterloo’s weakness.

Comment

Dang getting all fancy now! Us poor retired folks can't afford stuff like that!

I actually thought about you yesterday when I drove by thier victoria store. Probably be a prostaff parking spot reserved in your name soon!

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                    Dang getting all fancy now! Us poor retired folks can't afford stuff like that!

I actually thought about you yesterday when I drove by thier victoria store. Probably be a prostaff parking spot reserved in your name soon!
                    I just bought the decals. That's a zebco rhino rod. [emoji1787]

Comment

Good deal Bobby!

Comment

Nice rod. No Laguna Green jokes from me....just aint got it in me anymore after members comments.

Comment

Dats purty! Just got my first one Saturday. My neighbor gave me a brand new 6’8” salinity with a curado on it. For free itching to go try it out

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            Nice rod. No Laguna Green jokes from me....just aint got it in me anymore after members comments.
                            My finger was hovering over the order button....[emoji1]

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                            Dats purty! Just got my first one Saturday. My neighbor gave me a brand new 6’8” salinity with a curado on it. For free itching to go try it out
                            Lucky! Congrats

I've got a Lew's custom inshore on the way.

Comment

I don’t think there is a better rod on the market in that price range.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                                I don’t think there is a better rod on the market in that price range.

Glad to hear. Gonna break it in with Capt Glenn next month

Comment

Working...
                                X