Found an Atoka lease in a different way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found an Atoka lease in a different way

Agreed on terms today on a 300 acre lease about 7 miles outside of Atoka. It is about 200 thick hardwoods and some cedars and about 100 acres open pasture which is perfect for me and our family. Best thing got it fo about $8 per acre. Saw tons of tracks all over it and 7 ponds. No signs of hogs either. Don’t know if there will be any monsters or not but exciting to be on a new place that is under 1.5 hours away from the house.

The different way I went about it was I put an ad in the local paper in the area I wanted to find a place to hunt rather than online. My wife made fun of me, telling me no one reads the paper any more. I told her the old men at the coffe joint still does that don’t want to get with the times, and those are the one who are likely to have land and don’t want or know how to advertise online. I have had several calls, but really no spam type calls. Sometimes you got to think outside the box.

BTW just got a call on a lease in Choctaw county for 160 acres, he wanted more, $2,500 for the place.
    Attached Files

Stop telling the secrets

Comment

Heck that may be a duck lease.

Comment

That is an awesome looking place!

Comment

Some nice deer in Atoka. Congrats on a great looking place.

Comment

Sounds like you hit a home run for the family.

Rwc

Comment

Congratulations, looks great. And thanks for the suggestion on how to find good places.

Comment

Outstanding.

Comment

Awesome!! We hunt just SE of there in Coleman!!! You'll love it up there

Comment

Awesome, congrats. Used to hunt close to stringtown, great hunting in that area.

Comment

That’s awesome

Comment

Originally posted by EliteDriver View Post
                        Awesome!! We hunt just SE of there in Coleman!!! You'll love it up there

There’s some REAL good hunting around Coleman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You may have just found a nice honey hole right there. Beautiful area.

Comment

Nice, does that area have bear? Got a friend from Louisianna that hunts in Ok and the bear gives him fits on his feeders. But kills big deer.

Comment

Great score. Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                              X