Barking neighbors dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barking neighbors dog

I have an "across the alley" neighbor whose dog constantly barks. I'm in my garage regularly and that dadgum dog will bark at a fly. It's a boxer mix, so he can turn up the volume. I cannot even talk on the phone when he gets going. I want to say something to the neighbor but my wife would rather I didn't. He's barking right now as I'm typing this.
    What's the best way to handle?

Police

Comment

In town , I call the man and he takes care of it. That way the neighbor doesn't know who complained.

Comment

Anonymous letter. Say you speak on behalf of several neighbors. Are you in an area with noise regulations? If so, mention them.

Comment

Airhorn works pretty well for the ankle biters across my fence.

Comment

Why is your neighbor barking?

Comment

Be a good neighbor and talk to him before calling 5-0.
              I was on the other side of this many years ago and I honestly didn't know it was happening because I was away at work during the day. Got served and destroyed the relationship with my neighbor who wasn't man enough to talk to me first.

Comment

My elderly neighbor who can barely hear anyway, complained to me about my dog barking for hours on end one day. She doesn't stay outside much but since I had experience with an indoor sonic controller that works like a champ, I ordered this.

Works on my neighbor's dogs too if I put it over on the fence nearest them.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                  Why is your neighbor barking?
                  Rare covid side effect for the people the got the jab and both boosters but still managed to catch covid

Comment

Originally posted by Mahan View Post
                    I have an "across the alley" neighbor whose dog constantly barks. I'm in my garage regularly and that dadgum dog will bark at a fly. It's a boxer mix, so he can turn up the volume. I cannot even talk on the phone when he gets going. I want to say something to the neighbor but my wife would rather I didn't. He's barking right now as I'm typing this.
                    What's the best way to handle?
                    If they have a privacy fence, try a wrist rocket sling shot/rock/1/2" nut etc fired at the fence.

The sudden BLAM!! should shut him up... works on my neighbors barking *** dog anyway.

Comment

I hear antifreeze will stop them from barking.

Comment

Free Spirit ultra sonic anti barking device. Will cover several yards. You won't hear it but turned up on high will shut any dawg up quick. Hurts their ears bad.

Comment

I’d try civil and respectful conversation attempt first. If he turns it into ignorance or an arsehole, shrug and say okie doke! Then throw a skunk over the fence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                            Be a good neighbor and talk to him before calling 5-0.
                            I was on the other side of this many years ago and I honestly didn't know it was happening because I was away at work during the day. Got served and destroyed the relationship with my neighbor who wasn't man enough to talk to me first.
                            This. Talk to them first.

If that doesn't work, call the city. I've had to do this in year's past with a "new to America" family that didn't see an issue with their dog barking 24/7, and it was peacefully resolved.

Comment

One of my neighbors across the street was regularly keeping someone else's dog a year or two ago. That dog was retarded or something. It would bark non-stop. Even when she had the dog inside her house instead of in her back yard we could still hear the dang thing barking - even while we were inside our house. Worst barking dog I've ever experienced. Our other neighbor, next door to the barking dog, was going insane from the barking too.

I bought a sonic anti barking device and put it on that neighbor's fence. It didn't phase the barking dog at all. So I bought a bark collar and took it over to the lady's house and rang the doorbell. She wasn't home, so I left it at her doorstep. I don't know if the collar worked or not. The dog didn't show up at her house any more after that. I know she hated the dog too. I'd hear her hollering at it quite often, trying to get it to shut up. Once she knew others were tired of it, I guess it gave her a good excuse to tell whoever the dog belonged to that she was done dogsitting.

Comment

Working...
                              X