No P&Y status anymore, TBH is more fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No P&Y status anymore, TBH is more fun!

Decided a couple of months ago I would ONLY read the "threads" I was interested in. Admit, got caught up in the "feeding frenzy" to get to P&Y ASAP! After a long work weekend selling dirt and seeing what was going on with the GS, it just hit me....some of those I was "competing" with I rarely see posting anymore! Maybe they put me on their "ignore" list? LOL, I've added several to mine and it's SOOOO nice not having to resist the "type fights anymore."

Anyway....I'm just back to enjoying "friends posts," many I have never met FTF, but it's a hell of a lot more fun these days. I read WHAT I want and learn something new almost every day!

"Just a thought"

Can you see this?

Comment

I've always enjoyed your post. Funny thing is, I have no idea what makes or how your status change. I'm assuming that it is based on the number of posts, but have never bothered to try and figure it out. Have met and now had as guests some very fine people as a result of my stumbling upon this site. Thank you GS

Comment

Where is the ignore feature? Not trying to ignore your post, just wondering how to do it....lol

Comment

Life's good being a 10 pt!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BBRU View Post
            Where is the ignore feature? Not trying to ignore your post, just wondering how to do it....lol

I know where you live so here is no escaping me bwahahahahahaha

Comment

yeah, lol, I CAN see you 10mm! BBRU, rascal, messing with me
              My brain just "infarcts" many times and I type what's on my mind.

Point I was "trying" to share is just simply enjoy what the GS has to offer. One thing I thought about before my original thread...My Army son sent me $$ several months ago to buy him a rifle he wanted from a GS post. I drove south of Waco and met the gentleman FTF. He was a "retired" LEO in not so good health. We told "war stories" and I am ashamed to admit, did not keep in touch. I don't remember his name but think of him often. Just a "moment" in time to share with a brother...hope he is well.

Comment

Originally posted by BBRU View Post
                Go to User Tools dropdown at the top of the screen. Click on User CP.
                Then look to the left side of that page for options/settings, and click on Edit Ignore List.

Then just find those people that you want to ignore (not see their posts), and add them to the list. Presto.....the A-holes disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                  Go to User Tools dropdown at the top of the screen. Click on User CP.
                  Then look to the left side of that page for options/settings, and click on Edit Ignore List.

Then just find those people that you want to ignore (not see their posts), and add them to the list. Presto.....the A-holes disappear.
                  Haha, I don't that there is anybody that I will put on it, just didn't know how to. Thanks for the info

Comment

Or view someone's profile, click user list and hit add to ignore list.

Comment

Had no idea this feature existed....

Comment

So THAT'S why so many newbys start so many threads, 20-30/ month...to gain some posting designation?

That has not occurred to me. It sure clutters up the forum and makes it hard to keep up with meaningful threads. I'll swear some newbys must lay awske at night thinking of topics to post about.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          So THAT'S why so many newbys start so many threads, 20-30/ month...to gain some posting designation?

That has not occurred to me. It sure clutters up the forum and makes it hard to keep up with meaningful threads. I'll swear some newbys must lay awske at night thinking of topics to post about.
                          It's always obvious when a newby is reaching. They get there then post once in awhile.

Comment

I didn't realize it was a "thing" to try to bump up status sooner than naturally achieved. O well. I don't even look at peoples status but when it does catch my eye and they are way up there in a year or two, it actually has the reverse effect on me, I wonder why they are on here so much. GS is awesome but there is also a life to live.

Comment

This!

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                              It's always obvious when a newby is reaching. They get there then post once in awhile.
                              Exactly WHAT I was referring to with my original thread! But Quarterback and Antler Collector still drop me a PM every once in a while to see if I'm still breathing...

Me and Kuma...still kickin'!

Comment

Working...
                              X