Yellow Bass - Unofficial record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow Bass - Unofficial record

Long story short...Caught the fish in December and weighed in at 1.9 lbs and measured 14 5/8"..Unknowingly kept it in the freezer until I decided to mount it. Buddy Mike said he never seen one that size in his life and I can say neither have I. Wasn't until a few weeks later Mike sent me the record list for Sam Rayburn and the standing record is 1.78 lbs.. Guess i should of taken it in some where and placed it on a official scale. Oh well.
    Either way I got it mounted up this week and on display.
    Attached Files

I can't recall having ever seen a Yellow Bass before. Very nice mount

Comment

wow!

Comment

I'm not familiar with them. White bass crossed with something? Pretty fish!

Comment

Originally posted by courtatlawjudge View Post
          I'm not familiar with them. White bass crossed with something? Pretty fish!
          No sir, just a plain Ol Yellow Bass. They're usually about the size of a bluegill.

I did the same thing with a crappie a little over 4lbs on Toledo Bend when I was a kid and caught a 13.8lb hybrid on Rayburn. Both of those would have been records and I had no idea lol.

Comment

I'm not fsmilisr with them. White bass crossed with something? Pretty fish!

Comment

I knew about yellow perch but am amazed to be educated about a new fish from my old stoping grounds. Congrats!!!

Comment

That's a BIG yeller bass! Most range from 6"-10". Catch as many as you want and no length limit.

Comment

That's a biggun congrats!

Comment

I caught a green sunfish that went 3.5 lbs. State record was under 1lbs.

Comment

I always catch those in the mix with white bass up in the creeks. That's got to be a skin mount right?

Comment

Next time leave him on the hook. Big bass love them.

Comment

Originally posted by lakefork View Post
                          Yessir. That's a prime bait for Lake Fork!

Comment

Originally posted by lakefork View Post
                            Yep! When they move in I change colors to match them.

Comment

Never seen one that big

Like others have said, mostly about the size of a bream

Comment

Working...
                              X