Kids bow questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids bow questions?

I have a 12yo sister, 7yo nephew, and a 6yo nephew.

Can one bow take care of them all for the time being?

If yes for the above question, what's a good recommendation?

Can they all use the same arrows?

Mathews Genesis or Mission Craze

Comment

Originally posted by ovalohunter View Post
      Mathews Genesis or Mission Craze
      ^^^ this^^ or a Diamond Razor Edge but the 12 yr old would not be pulling much weight

Comment

mission craze

Comment

Genesis could do it for the time being

Comment

The Mission Menace weighs about a pound less than the Craze and is better suited for kids So IMO it would be better, but they will not all have the same draw length. If all of them will take turns shooting it I would go with the Genesis or mini Genesis. The Genesis is not draw specific.

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
              The Mission Menace weighs about a pound less than the Craze and is better suited for kids So IMO it would be better, but they will not all have the same draw length. If all of them will take turns shooting it I would go with the Genesis or mini Genesis. The Genesis is not draw specific.
              That's more of what I'm after, but of they get into it I'll get the a specific one.

Can they all shoot the same arrows?

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
                That's more of what I'm after, but of they get into it I'll get the a specific one.

Can they all shoot the same arrows?
                As long as the arrows fit whomever has the longest draw length, they could all use the same arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by ovalohunter View Post
                  As long as the arrows fit whomever has the longest draw length, they could all use the same arrows.
                  I kinda figured that.

Better question, would the longer arrow be less accurate with the smaller draw lengths?

Comment

I kinda figured that.

Better question, would the longer arrow be less accurate with the smaller draw lengths?
                    Well longer = heavier so yes they would not shoot as flat.

Sights would be worthless on the bow because the longer draw length kid would be shooting faster than the kids with shorter draws.

They would have to shoot instinctive while sharing the bow and arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
                      Well longer = heavier so yes they would not shoot as flat.

Sights would be worthless on the bow because the longer draw length kid would be shooting faster than the kids with shorter draws.

They would have to shoot instinctive while sharing the bow and arrows.
                      Very good points, thanks for the response

Comment

I have a 12yo sister, 7yo nephew, and a 6yo nephew.

Can one bow take care of them all for the time being?

If yes for the above question, what's a good recommendation?

Can they all use the same arrows?
                        My small son grew out of the Mini Genesis at age 6. It would be to small for a 12 year old. The Genesis as mentioned is a great non draw length specific bow, but I have seen younger kids struggle with it. I bought my son the Hoyt Ruckus so he can grow into it over a long period of time and use it for practice now then to hunt when he is old enough to kill an animal up in the #40 pound draw range. Check the specs on the Hoyt Ruckus. Somewhere around 17# up to 45# draw weight with a very expansive adjustable draw length. Its a pricey bugger though at about $299.

Comment

New models are great, our Parker Buckshot has killed some deer though.

Comment

Working...
                          X