Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have 13,824 preference points for pronghorn!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 13,824 preference points for pronghorn!!!!!

Too bad the applicant pool is around 8,000,000 (assuming the 8,000 applicants have an average of 10 points). That's a 0.2% chance of getting drawn. Oh well, pronghorn taste funny anyway.

I grew up in Hartley county and shot mine when I was about 14. Dad traded a case of beer for the tag and hunt to a rancher between Hartley and Channing. I sure wish I could get one for my son for that now! We had lots of them around and didn’t think much of them at the time.

Comment

Pronghorn tastes funny ? I guess delicious truly is in the taste of the eater.

Comment

I think pronghorn taste great provided they don't come from an area that has sage brush and they are quickly and properly handled after being shot.

Comment

I have zero points. Never put in for it. Just never had a desire to hunt them!!
          So, gonna be a lot of people mad at me when I apply and win a hunt!!!

Comment

Let's see. Cubed points... Man, I've got 256. I'm so excited...
            Fortunately, have tags in Wyoming. Now if I can just draw mule deer.

Comment

Almost over the counter in Wyoming. Why bother in texas

Comment

Because its only $3.00 to apply and I don't want to drive to Wyoming.

Comment

By the time you get to Rita Blanca you’re almost to Wyoming already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                    I have zero points. Never put in for it. Just never had a desire to hunt them!!
                    So, gonna be a lot of people mad at me when I apply and win a hunt!!!
                    It's me....I will be mad. No reason to break my streak. Me - O TPWD - 16

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                      Almost over the counter in Wyoming. Why bother in texas
                      Sorry those days are gone, apps are way up and very few leftovers this year.
                      Some cool pronghorn hunting in Texas, I took a buck near Stratford years back.

Comment

I've got 17,576 for pronghorn. Maybe this year will be my year finally.

Comment

Working...
                        X