Shipping Container Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Container Home

Does anyone have one or been around one? I am interested in opinions on a setup like this. I found some bed/breakfast in Kerville/Fredericksburg that I might rent just to check them out. I have 2-40'ers that I am considering converting into a home/cabin at the ranch. I like the idea of using 4-40'ers, 16 wide x 80' long. Does anyone know of any good websites, forums etc for a DIY conversion?

Always thought it would be a great Idea...PINTEREST got lots

Comment

They make great cabins

Insulate and put shade roof overhead and you are set

Stays cool in summer and warm in winter

Comment

We really like ours.

Comment

I have a long thread in DIY forum on our 16 x40 camp build

Comment

Check out "Life Uncontained" on Youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
              Does anyone have one or been around one? I am interested in opinions on a setup like this. I found some bed/breakfast in Kerville/Fredericksburg that I might rent just to check them out. I have 2-40'ers that I am considering converting into a home/cabin at the ranch. I like the idea of using 4-40'ers, 16 wide x 80' long. Does anyone know of any good websites, forums etc for a DIY conversion?
              Another set up I have seen is to space them 20' apart and cover with roof trusses, creating a 20x40 open concept down the middle for kitchen and living room. Bedroom and bathrooms along outer walls

Comment

Working...
              X