Sam Houston national forest 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    I hunted there in the late 70s and 80s. I didn't know him but my dad had to throw me up in a tree a few times when a ****** off free-ranging bull got after us.
    I started in that area from about 78-84. There were quail in there back then. A covey coming thru the oak leaves would get your heart pumping. You hear something but don't see a dang thing.

Comment

Originally posted by MattGrupa View Post
      Mcbeth I’m not familiar with that one clean road I’m around is Gus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I have a Spot near stubblefield lake rd, but im also not familiar with McBeth road.

Comment

Wonder if he meant Bethel?

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
          Wonder if he meant Bethel?
          Dang, you're right, I'm such a dummy. It's Bethel Rd. Thank you for the correction.

Comment

Several roads off Bethel. Lots of pressure opening weekend for sure on all of them. 2 roads border wilderness area. I have been all the way down most of them. There are also horseback riding trails in there, LSHT too. GPS is your friend in there. Have seen deer and pig both decrease around that area the last 10 years. It was so bad a few years ago I have not been back in there since. Had to find a couple other areas. Maybe I should check it again at some point.

Comment

Yes, one of the bordering roads is what I'm talking about. You must've come across GW Biggerstaff a couple of times. That was His stomping grounds.

Comment

I’m planning on going out there and looking around some. Maybe do a few weekend hunts during the season. Just a few questions, can you camp in the designated areas during hunting season? Also what would work better, a climber, sticks and a lock on, or a ground blind. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                  Yes, one of the bordering roads is what I'm talking about. You must've come across GW Biggerstaff a couple of times. That was His stomping grounds.
                  Ran into Biggerstaff a lot. He always checked everything, every time. Ran into him in the Stubblefield area too. Only once on the east side. Brandon is who I have seen the last few times I run into a warden. Now the fed guys are another story.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post

As far as Flash's initial comment I think he was making something of a joke about posting it up because if it's as good as you say, once you do that it's going to be filled with people. That's why most of the SHNF hunters on here stopped posting. It was getting crowded enough already without making it easier for people that didn't care to put boots on the ground.
                    Bingo!! Winner, winner chicken dinner!

Comment

Stinking hilarious! I thought it turned into a joke at one point but apparently not. Am I th wonky one that saw the humor in this?!!

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
                        Bingo!! Winner, winner chicken dinner!
                        Yeah, either they don't hunt there anymore, or the don't want to hunt there anymore.

Comment

Yeah, I don't hunt there anymore. Bought some acreage on Toledo Bend and hunt Sabine National Forest though I haven't found my honey hole yet.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                            Yeah, either they don't hunt there anymore, or the don't want to hunt there anymore.
                            Eddie, How right you are!

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                              Yeah, I don't hunt there anymore. Bought some acreage on Toledo Bend and hunt Sabine National Forest though I haven't found my honey hole yet.
                              We hunt there also, we have a couple pretty good spots.

Comment

Working...
                              X