No announcement yet.

JD Murphree Gator 9/13 Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you have your line anchored to the cane pole or a stake/tree?

How is the water level/conditions

Comment

The cane pole is just for the bait, they use a clothes pin to clip the bait line. Enough tension to hold the bait, but breaks free when the gator gets it and doesn’t feel resistance and spit it.

They will give you a rebar stake with a T on it to drive that you tie the base of the line to (opposite of the bait end). That’s what will hold the gator.

I think the pole I grabbed wasn’t in the best of shape.

Tide was higher this morning for sure. I think you will be ok by Friday. My son has the youth hunt sat.

Comment

I will keep you updated on how we do

Comment

Baits are out, fingers crossed for tight lines. Weather is great today

Comment

Good Luck! I’ll be there in the morning with my son for the youth one.

Comment

Did they say how the hunts that came in this morning went?

Comment

We were there when the morning hunts were coming in I don’t know the success rate as a percentage but a lot of gators came in.

We set our lines mid afternoon and checked during the last hour had a six footer on. Hopefully we have a better on on our last line in the morning

Comment

We went 2 for two with a six footer and an 8 footer. The put us in Hildebrant since we were in the big bay boat and it had the best access for us

Comment

Working...
                  X