AR-pistol suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR-pistol suggestion

Looking for a crash course on what and what not to get.

Would prefer in 556 but would consider other, shortest barrel as possible, but still functional/semi-accurate as I plan of running suppressed. No 300AAC.

Would prefer low profile gas block on from and non-plastic fore-end.

Intend to have this as my home defense primary and play-toy outside of primary purpose.

Looking for someone to point me in the right direction for a turn key set up that is not cheap (both cost and quality), but not top of the line either.

Thanks in advance.

Check out the Banshee line from CMMG.

You’ll be a good bit North of 1k, but they don’t build junk and they have several calibers available. I myself have one of their MK10 models in 10mm and it’s a freaking hoot.

More expensive than most, yes. I chalked it up to the Buy Once, Cry Once thing and it hasn’t left me crying yet.

Also, check out Gun Mag Warehouse for extra mags, specifically the SGM brand. That’s what CMMG ships theirs with because, allegedly, they lock in tighter than the actual Glock mags do.

Comment

Home defense play toy screams cz scorpion pistol to me. But for what your wanting what's you budget? To many options to even start with out knowing your price range. Want to spend sub 1k, 1-1.5k or get fancy and go 1.5-2k?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Would prefer to stay in a non-handgun round.

Something that could be a hog pinker out to 100yards possibly.

Plan on being open sight or possibly “red-dot” type sight.

Willing to spend for quality and return on feature. +/-$1250 max.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

CMMG builds them in 308 as well I believe, but I doubt you’ll find one at that price point.

Comment

If its truly for CQC this is your weapon.

Explore Kalashnikov USA KS-12 Shotgun and other firearms and tactical accessories at Kalashnikov USA. Russian heritage. American Ingenuity.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Ætheling; 06-14-2021, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
              CMMG builds them in 308 as well I believe, but I doubt you’ll find one at that price point.
              308 is more on the heavier end of what I was thinking.

As mentioned, 556 is optimal due to availability of ammo, but might consider 6.8 or other.

Comment

You may also consider the 7.62x39 caliber. The Springfield "Saint" is in your price pint and is a very nice gun.

Comment

BCM complete gun. Done and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

….

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Anyone sunning a shorter than 10.5” barrel suppressed? How is accuracy per say on a short rig like this?

Comment

I enjoy my PSA pistol. 10.5" barrel. Has never jammed. I went with an A3 setup with standard front post.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Anyone sunning a shorter than 10.5” barrel suppressed? How is accuracy per say on a short rig like this?

Don’t run a 5.56 under a 10.3. If you want to go shorter run a 300blk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd wait to see what BATFE does first. You may be forced to register it as a SBR, in which case you'd be better off building it as such.

Comment

350 Legend. Great deer/pig round to at least 100 yards maybe a little big for home defense but bigger is better than smaller.

Comment

Working...
                              X