Just a recap on planting times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
    That's a awesome looking set up with food plots under a beautiful stand of oaks
    Appreciate it, I plant approximately 7 acres a year along the river within those trees.

Rwc

Comment

Now waiting on rain! Excellent chances this week

Got all my seed drilled last night

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
        South Texas - I was targeting early to mid October for planting fall food plots. It hasn’t rained here in over a month but most of the fields are disked and ready to go. Confidence is pretty high that we’re going to get 4-5 days of rain next week. Should I plant ahead of the rain or let it condition the soil first then plant?
        Wait until you have moisture in the ground

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          Wait until you have moisture in the ground

We decided to do both just in case. Going to plant two fields this week and the other 3 later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working out perfectly here in central La. All our fields ( 104 acres ) are prepped and ready for planting. Rain for next couple days. We will begin drilling Monday and should take 5-6 days.

Comment

It was a dust fest planting 3 acres last weekend (Oats and Winter Wheat) I have about 1 1/5 acres to plant this weekend. This is the first year to plant these two so I planted in multiple locations to check growth instead of having a soil test ran. Hoping for some rain! (In Madisonville)

Comment

Looks like lots of rain in the forecast at my place this week.
                Unfortunately I can't get there ahead of it. Is it okay to plant oats in the rain?

Comment

Oats went in last Sunday...for once perfect timing with the forecast. Looking forward to the results!!

Comment

Broadcasted 250 lbs of seed into the sprayed plots and rolled it Sunday. Atv disk to scratch up some dust where the dirt was exposed. Come on rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got 2.5 inches on my plots I planted Monday! Talk about perfect timing

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        You did hit it right sir. Hearing we got .5 with more foretasted today.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                          You did hit it right sir. Hearing we got .5 with more foretasted today.

Rwc
                          I hope we get more. It was SOOO dry when we drilled.

WIsh we could get more Fri/Sat like forecasted. if so I may go broadcast fertilizer

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                            It is if you’re trying to raise army worms.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              It is if you’re trying to raise army worms.
                              Knock on wood, I have never had them in any of my plots.

We sprayed and killed them this year in our hay field tho.

This is the 3rd earliest i have ever gotten my plots in the ground. But still only 1-2 weeks early. Rolled the dice with the rain

Comment

All week long we had 70-90% chance of rain Thursday through Monday with 1-3” possible. We’ve seen all of two drops
                                Still saying 50% chance this afternoon and tomorrow but things are not looking good for the 70 acres we just planted.

Comment

Working...
                                X