X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burnet TX places to stay

Trip to Destin got cancelled.

On vacation with the Wife July 11-17

Would like to do a last minute trip to the Burnet area and visit some of the State Parks in the area.

Would like to visit: Inks Lake, Longhorn Cavern, Enchanted Rock, and Guadalupe River State Park.

We usually tent camp, but being short notice, could not find campsites available for the dates we’d like to go.

Can anyone recommend a place to stay that is nice and clean.

Look at canyon of the eagles. Nice cabins out there. Big chief on lake Buchanan has some nice little cabins on the water as well. Check out el rio on lbj they have a few cabins as well.

Comment

I got stuck at the Motel 6 in Marble falls one time. Pretty sure I could have purchased any illicit substance I may have desired from people staying there. It was pretty western. There was a small microbrew place just down the main drag that had good cold beer and good buffalo wings.

Comment

Black rock park, inks lake state park or there’s lots of LCRA parks were you could primitive camp. That’s were is start if I was hell bent on sweating to death in a tent in July

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We stayed at the WorldMark Marble Falls several years ago and had a great experience. It’s a timeshare place but we told them we weren’t interested at check-in and they didn’t hassle us at all. They’re right on the lake in Marble Falls and relatively new.

Comment

If you end up going with a hotel in Burnet the best Western is the best option. I stayed there for several months and its not real fancy but they keep it clean and have good folks working there. Do NOT stay at the comfort inn on 281!

Comment

Canyon of the Eagles is nice.

Comment

You might want to check the state parks and make a reservation for entry. We drove out to Inks and were turned away. All I wanted to do was drive thru the park and look at camp sites. Nope, didn’t happen.

Comment

If you can’t find what you want in Burnett try Bertram. 11 miles down the road and they have Cedar Creek Inn. The Junction Cafe’ is next door and they have pretty solid grub.
                  Last edited by dosrobles; 07-07-2021, 05:20 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I'm with the Canyon of the Eagles group. Camp or stay in one of their cabins.

Comment

If Canyon of the Eagles doesnt work out, check out the Log Cabins on Legends GC down near Kingsland. In the middle of all the parks - and yes, buy the day use permit ahead of time if they are available.

Heres a VRBO of a smaller one on that property - https://www.vrbo.com/1524746?adultsC...unitId=2083545

Comment

Working...
                      X