Premium Diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premium Diesel

Drove by a Shell station in New Braunfels the other day and saw diesel and then “Premium Diesel” for 10 cents more a gallon.

Gimmick? Please explain any benefits if they exist…. Haven’t seen it anywhere else…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard of it

Comment

Went to a Circle K today in lovelady they had reefer Diesel, tractor Diesel and regular Diesel… I wonder which one was the premium

Comment

Here ya go

A premium diesel has a higher cetane number, better lubricity and includes detergents that provide injector-cleaning capability versus standard #2 diesel.

Comment

So the EPA made them clean diesel fuel up. And now we add more additives and call it premium. Nice

Comment

Possibly diesel 1 and 2 just relabeled?

Comment

Originally posted by sticknstring View Post
              Possibly diesel 1 and 2 just relabeled?

I was wondering the same thing. Weird that’s the only place I’ve seen it…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It may have Power Service additive in it, we use and sell alot of it but we don't call it premium diesel, but Power Service marketing does.

Comment

Originally posted by cm12setx View Post
                  So the EPA made them clean diesel fuel up. And now we add more additives and call it premium. Nice
                  Yeah too bad you cant pay a few more cents a gallon and get old school diesel.

Comment

Working...
                  X