Bye Bye Lake Fairfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye Bye Lake Fairfield

Sad and bad news for hunters and fisherman. WFAA Channel 8, just aired an news story about Lake Fairfield. It seems TPW won’t be renewing their contract and the entire lake, including an adjoining 5000 acre ranch is on the market for 110 million plus. You know what they say about “The rich get richer…”

Originally posted by Gom View Post
    Sad and bad news for hunters and fisherman. WFAA Channel 8, just aired an news story about Lake Fairfield. It seems TPW won’t be renewing their contract and the entire lake, including an adjoining 5000 acre ranch is on the market for 110 million plus. You know what they say about “The rich get richer…”

Will be subdivided and developed
    I was on lease that shared a border to the park for a few years
    Love that area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Gom View Post
      The property was a luminant power plant and surrounding mines, which included the lake.

Comment

Very sad to hear this... Humans will destroy it now.. It's just what some do..

Comment

I’ve never heard of a public lake being sold.

Comment

I wonder what they’re going to do with the state park?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
              I’ve never heard of a public lake being sold.
              It was owned by Luminant and they ran it as the Big Brown coal plant. They leased the lake to TPW. They didn’t renew their lease. Sad to see the public lose access to a long loved lake.

Comment

Instead of gaining more public access we are losing it......:/

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

I caught my first fresh water red there

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X