TBH Scripture Search Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH Scripture Search Thread

Hey folks. I fully acknowledge I am not the best Christian. I don't have a church or a group that I am a part of, but I am a believer. I don't know my way around the Bible much either.

That said, I thought it would be helpful to start a TBH scripture search thread where those more knowledgeable can teach those that want to learn and seek more.

To start, I am hoping to find verses that can help me understand more about parenting. Vague, I know. My wife in particular needs confidence. She is having a hard time letting him grow up, granted he is 17 months old, but getting her to see my point of view that its ok to let him spend the night with my parents, or agree to go on a vacation has been very tough. She is very protective of him and covid has heightened this. We still haven't seen most of my family.

Thank you.

Well first of all you should start praying. You and your wife together ask GOD for help. The root of your wife's problem is fear , she wants to protect your son. Some scripture of confidence 1Peter 5:7 , Psalm 23 , 1John 5:14.

Comment

I love that you asked this! I would encourage you to download the Bible app called YouVersion. In that app, you can search scriptures and devotional lessons by topic. I’d also encourage you to find a good bible teaching church so you can be in community with others who are walking with the Lord.

Comment

Awesome I wished I had of had this instilled in me as a child.
        I was 41 years old before I got saved..
        one scripture comes to mind
        Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
        Also I’m going to post a video of my youngest granddaughter Kodi B
        Praying In her bed at nap time my SNL filmed the monitor.
        It won’t let me post
        Last edited by Bro. Bill; 04-24-2021, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Best thread I’ve read on the GS in a long time. One of the things I do is pull up or find a “Daily Verse.” This seems to get things going in the right direction for me.
          Last edited by gneimeth; 04-24-2021, 08:28 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Comment

This was the next page in one of the devotionals I read in the mornings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity Outfitters View Post
                I love that you asked this! I would encourage you to download the Bible app called YouVersion. In that app, you can search scriptures and devotional lessons by topic. I’d also encourage you to find a good bible teaching church so you can be in community with others who are walking with the Lord.
                X2... great advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                  Hey folks. ......... I don't have a church or a group that I am a part of, but I am a believer. I don't know my way around the Bible much either. .........

Thank you.
                  One of the functions of Gods church is that it is a community of believers who provide support, encouragement, forgiveness and mentoring to other like believers. Many who go to church will tell you they met someone there who mentored them and showed them things that were hidden from their understanding. And from that relationship they grew in wisdom, understanding and knowledge.
                  just my encouragement to you and the mrs to seek out and find a church family.

Comment

Become a better parent by becoming a better son. What I mean is, as you grow closer to your heavenly Father you will naturally apply Him into your parenting.

Dig into what the bible tells you to do as his son, a husband and a parent in that order.

And know I will pray for you and the family in the weeks to come.

God bless ya! You are already showing to be a good dad by diggin this direction

Comment

Start with Deut. Chap 6: Verses 1-9 then proceed as the Spirit leads.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                        Become a better parent by becoming a better son. What I mean is, as you grow closer to your heavenly Father you will naturally apply Him into your parenting.

Dig into what the bible tells you to do as his son, a husband and a parent in that order.

And know I will pray for you and the family in the weeks to come.

God bless ya! You are already showing to be a good dad by diggin this direction
                        This is excellent ^^^

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by rolylane6; 04-25-2021, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I really appreciate the advice. Will dive into this further today after work.

Comment

Several good scriptures cited and yes a good thread.A side note I’d like to share I’m 43 never had kids but always reached out to the kids in the congregation.My second marriage brought me a son with Ashbergers syndrome and ADD at ten years old.He never had a father figure and had extreme behavioral problems.I did all that I knew to reach him and relate to him. I started reading bible stories to him just from the good old Bible story book it was amazing to see the connection and relationship we were able to build.He doesn’t care for church or school but he looks forward to our studies every week.It’s allowed me to bring God into his life and make him the ultimate authority and has really helped me be part of the chain of authority.I really think Holy Spirit is filling in the blanks for me on this endeavor.I’m really appreciative that my dad set a good example of bring Jehovah into my life at a young age.It’s really really cool to see my new sons face light up when we discussed Jesus and his miracles this past week I’m looking forward to our next Bible study. So good job my friend already bringing in scripture and Holy Spirit in the raising of your kids.

Comment

My opinion only ctom87, but I believe you are asking the right questions. Thanks to those who posted responses, they are better than anything I can offer up. And that is a totally cool pic of you and your son in the bluebonnets, God bless you both.

Comment

Working...
                              X