Kuiu 25% off pack sale thru 10/18/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, due to the marvels of technology developed by privileged people (who studied in school and got good math and science scores on standardized, racist tests) and who made more than their “fair share” of money, I have internet service in the mountains.

I’m sitting downwind from fresh elk tracks into a feeding area in a foot of snow. It is Montana and this is October!

I got an email that Kuiu is having 25% off sale thru 10/18. I bought most of my Kuiu gear waiting for their sales in 2018. I like it.

Here’s my Icon Pro 3200, which I think has been replaced with new models. It’s the right size for me for day hunts.

Christmas is coming up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bill; 10-15-2021, 10:31 AM.

Thanks for the heads up, and good luck getting a elk killed!

Comment

I couldn't afford 75% off of that stuff, lol.

Comment

Good stuff for sure.

Comment

Bumping for the last day of the sale.

Their gear costs more for sure. If you’re hunting the mountains and weight is a concern- it’s an investment.

Comment

Sent you a PM bill

Comment

What size would you reccommend for a day hunt / pack elk out combo set up?

Been really eying them for years as I need (or "want") a better western option that a normal day pack, then going to truck to grab the meat pack.
              Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                What size would you reccommend for a day hunt / pack elk out combo set up?

Been really eying them for years as I need (or "want") a better western option that a normal day pack, then going to truck to grab the meat pack.
                I got a Pro 3600 loaded up with my whole list right now. Plenty of room for before sunrise til after sunset hunts without being too big. If you're staying out overnight go bigger. The nice thing is the same frame and harness will service different sized bags, so just buy a bigger bag later if need be.

Comment

I have a 3200. It fits all I carry for day hunts. My son has a 3500 and 7500 ( I think) bags, they attach to the same pack frame. If in doubt- go larger. There are straps to cinch down the unfilled pack. He went this elk season with his larger bag after doing a couple overnights with his tent.

To answer PM, no I’ve not had squeaks. I have a 38” waist and just loosened the belt to snap over a couple Kuiu upper garments hunting in snow and wind.

Their clothing is cut for a fit 25 year old hunter. I ordered 1-2 sizes larger on clothes. Suspenders work great for pants and rain pants so a belt is not pinching your waist under the pack’s hip belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    I have a 3200. It fits all I carry for day hunts. My son has a 3500 and 7500 ( I think) bags, they attach to the same pack frame. If in doubt- go larger. There are straps to cinch down the unfilled pack. He went this elk season with his larger bag after doing a couple overnights with his tent.

To answer PM, no I’ve not had squeaks. I have a 38” waist and just loosened the belt to snap over a couple Kuiu upper garments hunting in snow and wind.

Their clothing is cut for a fit 25 year old hunter. I ordered 1-2 sizes larger on clothes. Suspenders work great for pants and rain pants so a belt is not pinching your waist under the pack’s hip belt.

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Just bought the Pro 3600. Excited to try it out on my elk hunt next month.

Comment

I just purchased the 1850 Pro and will load it like this to carry everything up that way I don't have such a large day pack once I unload.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I forgot what one looked like new and clean

Comment

I’m signed up for their emails announcing sales. They’re doing one now for rain gear. If you’re looking at Kuiu gear, that’s how I purchased most of mine waiting for their sales.

Just a comment- their product philosophy is layering. As the temp drops in Montana, I add warmer base layers before I go to warmer outer layers.

Comment

Working...
                            X