No announcement yet.

Somerville 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any rules and regulations on possibly field dressing a deer or pig on land location, maybe even quarter up the animal. Just curious don’t want the meat to spoil on a 2 hour drive.

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
      Baiting is illegal

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
      Thank you for the information I appreciate that

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
        Don't get caught with any bait. It's not worth your license.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
        I appreciate that i looked at the book and it only states you can bait for hogs apparently from April to august. Which makes sense it’s not deer season

Comment

I field dress ours on site few 100 yrds away just not in a water source there's no cleaning station so bring a rope to hang them to quarter make sure you have the head with you!

Comment

Baiting for hogs is only April-August

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
              I field dress ours on site few 100 yrds away just not in a water source there's no cleaning station so bring a rope to hang them to quarter make sure you have the head with you!

That’s perfect I appreciate the information I do have stainless steel foldable leg spreaders just don’t want to get in trouble for disposing guts or rib cage on site.

Comment

I highly recommend the "gutless method" as something to watch. If you want to gut and drag instead I understand that too but you don't have to hang a deer to skin it

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                  I highly recommend the "gutless method" as something to watch. If you want to gut and drag instead I understand that too but you don't have to hang a deer to skin it

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
                  Just gut it and fill that deer full of ice bags I guess, I don’t have a game bag or big back pack to carry meat, I can quarter a deer in 5 mins easy but in the field gets dirty messy grass and dirt been there done that in the Laguna Atascosa NWR - Bahia unit years ago with a nilgai talk about work bro lol
                  Last edited by PSEbows90; 10-04-2021, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PSEbows90 View Post
                    Just gut it and fill that deer full of ice bags I guess, I don’t have a game bag or big back pack to carry meat, I can quarter a deer in 5 mins easy but in the field gets dirty messy grass and dirt been there done that in the Laguna Atascosa NWR - Bahia unit years ago with a nilgai talk about work bro lol
                    I am sure that was work. I did the gutless method on an elk in Montana by myself at night in 9 degree weather. Took quite a few hours to get it done and 3 days to pack it out solo. Not trying to 'one up you' or anything

Yeah, my plan is to gut it in the field and drag it or eventually buy a game hauler in next month to wheel it out. Then pack the cavity with ice. I have 1.5 hour drive, so a little less than you. My suggestion was more or less you can do the "gutless method" at your truck or you can gut it in the field. When you get back to your truck quarter it out on the tailgate without hanging it up. Then throw it in a cooler. I have skinned many a deer on a tailgate this way

I mainly hunt private land 2.5 hours away but I like hunting this place because I can make quick day trips while wife is working and kids are at daycare. I work shift work so I get weekdays off at times. Even though the hunting hours aren't the best (no evening hunts), it is better than sitting at home. Plus, I get to see new things and have some adventure.
                    Last edited by Beargrasstx; 10-04-2021, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Not a bad 8 point for public land
                      Last edited by PSEbows90; 10-11-2021, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Deer were moving Sunday morning before the front came in. Had 2 4ptrs walk through that were not wide enough and a doe who stayed just inside shrub line and never offered a shot. I could almost throw a rock and hit the road. Game Warden drove by a couple times.

Comment

Won’t let me post pictures of the 8 point I shot

Comment

You have to resize them to less than 900 pixels or so

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                              Deer were moving Sunday morning before the front came in. Had 2 4ptrs walk through that were not wide enough and a doe who stayed just inside shrub line and never offered a shot. I could almost throw a rock and hit the road. Game Warden drove by a couple times.

I knew I should have gone back out on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PSEbows90 View Post
                                Won’t let me post pictures of the 8 point I shot

Get that pic working yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X